Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    3x N Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 03:41 AM
    Dad getting married : Treats her bad !
    Hia.. x

My dad is gettting married in November to his girlfriend...
    But he doesn't treat her very well and she's a lovely girl !

He doesn't beat her or anything he just says
    E,G... If me and my sis went to go for tea at his house he would say aww laura take the kids home while he's lounging on the sofa ?

He gets drunk in the house with all of his mates and she's in the house with a bunch of drunks !

And she went out tith my mom for a drink and he was getting drunk then and the pub isn't far from there house and he said I isn't walking you down there so my mom had to walk down with her
    Any Advice?? Please

I feel SORRY for her!! :confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 05:51 AM
    Did he treat your mom like that?
    Since it sounds like you mom and her are friends with her maybe you should get her aside and have a nice conversation about how she sees herself in 5 to 10 years from now with him being the way he is. Don't make it sound like you are bad mouthing him or trying to talk her out of it cause that would only cause resentments and problems.
    Maybe a night out with the girls and talk about men, alcohol and being ordered around in general.
    3x N Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Thanks but she don't exactly know that he's treating her bad?

Well when he was with my mom he kept on getting DRUNK all of the time... I mean I wasn't even born then my mom told me!!

PLEASE GIVE ME MORE ADVICE xx Thanks for the advice you just gave me
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Mar 17, 2008, 08:37 AM
    I have kids and I have nieces and nephews and grandchildren, it's not easy watching someone you like or love not being treated very well but, in all honesty, there is nothing you can do about it especially if they just don't see it. What you can do is be there for her, be a good friend and encourage her to get out lots and to take care of herself so that she will be strong and able to deal with whatever comes along.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dad makes me feel stupid bad and like I do everything wrong [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm todd my mom left my dad when I was 2 just met him when I was 11-12 but now I'm 14 live with him I know he loves me but he yells at me for things that don't make sense, well to me he wnted me to pay for something so I did I got the money back and I tried to hand it to him he didn't see me so...

He loves me, but treats me bad! [ 7 Answers ]

Im in a 4 year relationship right now with the father of my baby. We love each other, but on a daily basis we are constantly arguing, yelling, bickering, the whole nine (nothing physical though). We both cross the line of dis-respecting one another. There will be times where he is yelling and...

Good dad bad mom [ 8 Answers ]

I have had residentail custody of my daughter since the court awarded her to me at the ae of 4 months when her mother tested positive for PCP. I live in Illinois and the mother lives in New Jersey. Now 5 months later the lother is trying to fight for custody. She continues to make bad decisions....

I'm 16 and my dad still treats me like I'm 6! [ 2 Answers ]

I had an argument with my dad today my mum was involved but my dad pretty much took control! I'm really upset and can't stop crying! My dad won't listen to me and doesn't realise how stressed I'm getting and how he takes his stress out on me all the time someone please help me my dad will not...

I'm 17 years old and I'm a mommy, my dad treats me like ! [ 6 Answers ]

:( Hi, well let me just tell you a little bitt about my dad, he's very hard headed and is closed minded! He is always talking all this mess about me under his breath or to my mom right in front of me! He says I'm lazy (which I'm not) I even help him do yard work! I do what I can to prove him wrong...

View more questions Search