Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mr wendal Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2008, 10:34 PM
    Psoriasis flare up , with new symptoms
    I have been suffering from this disease now for about ten years and at this present time I am in the middle of a moderate to severe flare up , about a few days ago I started experiencing severe pains in the right knee and in both my wrists and also a numbness in my left hand that extends from my pinkie finger to my middle index finger.
    Honestly I did not considered going to my doctor because I see him and the other doctors that I have attended as a waste of money because nothing they prescribe for me ever works , the few home remedies that I have found and tried seem to work better than the many tubes of steroid creams that I have, any members here who might have experience this or have family members or friends who might have , any info would be appreciated.
    mcb7 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2008, 12:31 AM
    I had psoriosis under my pinky finger nails as a child. And I found that direct sunlight made it go away faster. I hope you find something that works.
    rhyanna Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Hi, I understand what its like... I have had psoriasis for 18 years which steadily got worse as time went on. Unfortunately you can develop pain in the joints - mine starts in the fingers, up the hands and feel it into the wrist. I agree with finding other creams rather than steroids that thin the skin. I maintain mine by changing my routine of treatments as my skin seems to react positively but for a short while only. I use emollient in the bath with baby oil, bit messy but really helps. Then moisturise after with baby lotion. That just lines my skin ready for treatment. I then swap between mild lotions to steroids. Since my joints have been playing up, I take cod liver oil every day - not nice but does skin and joints wonders. It will definitely get you through the winter when its worse. They say sun is the cure - mine can often get sore in the summer with bright red patches where the sun has been too much for new skin. I get comments that I have been badly sunburnt! I have just found sun lotion with aloe vera. Hoping my skin will torerate that this summer. I hope some of this information could benefit you, or just know your not alone with a time consuming problem. Wishing you all the best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Psoriasis [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I'm desperate and looking for help. I have psoriasis on my face and would like to know if anyone has any ideas on treatment options. Also, has anyone tried Protopic or Elidel? I've been prescribed this but due to some research, I'm afraid to use it. Thank you in...

Psoriasis & Psoriasis arthritis [ 2 Answers ]

OK I am 20 yrs old I will be 21 in August, I have had psoriasis since I was 14ish and I have it from my head to my feet, in patches, I feel like I am the only one with it sometimes. I have been looking all day for clinical trials or some way I can get my meds free, I really want Enbrel, I have...

Psoriasis cure? [ 5 Answers ]

A year ago, my scalp was full of dandruff. I have consulted it to dermatologists but they just prescribe me scalp treatment solutions after a while of applying it every night, it just doesn't work for my scalp. I even had some break outs (scaly red patches) on my arms and legs (just minimal can't...

Anyone suffers from Psoriasis [ 3 Answers ]

My mother suffers from psoriasis which has affected her feet. What can she do to alleviate the discomfort. She also suffers from dry scalp due to psoriasis as well.

Psoriasis? [ 4 Answers ]

How does a man treat Psoriasis on his penis? :confused:

View more questions Search