Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    airen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Looking for an e-dictionary to support my learning
    ( I am sorry because my topic is not well categorized, but I can't find the better room for it. )
    I am a student in Viet Nam. My major is English. I and all of my friends really want to buy an e-dictionary of Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary( 7th edition). In my country, they just sell the book but not the e-dictionary.
    I think you kknow how hard and waste of time it is to look up new words in a dictionary book. But not loooking for just a word, there are hundreds word in our lesson, for example, in a literature.So I will be happy if I can order an ebook via the internet, or just tell me how to get it.
    THANKS REALLY MUCH IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME.
    concetta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 08:47 PM
    This might be what you are looking for, check it out

Mobipocket eBook: "Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary, 7th edition" by A S Hornby
    airen Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2008, 09:44 PM
    I really thanks for your help. But there is something making me confused. Is this an e-dictionary, I mean a small machine that we can carry with us?
    When I read this website,the ebook seems just to be read by the MObile pocket programme, a programme in our PC.
    I want to buy an e-dictionay, which is portable. This is a picture of it.

So if you have time, can you explain how your dictionary works? Is it right that we just can use it in our computer?
    I want to buy a machine like the above picture, and it have to be an oxford advanced learner's dictionary, not Longman or any other branch.
    concetta Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2008, 07:37 PM
    I am not having much luck finding what you are looking for. This is the closest I have gotten:

electronic dictionary | PW-E550

I will still try to look around a bit for you.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Mar 18, 2008, 10:34 AM
    Seiko makes handheld dictionaries based on Concise Oxford but I haven't found anyone who makes a stand-alone handheld with the version you want.

Also, if you must have the Advanced Learner's edition, Mobipocket provides an e-book version of this version of the Oxford Dictionary. You can read it on any PDA with their Mobipocket reader.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Online English-Spanish Dictionary [ 2 Answers ]

Are there any free on online English-Spanish dictionaries?

Custom Dictionary Not Available [ 1 Answers ]

I keep getting an error message every time I open MS Word 2003: Custom dictionary in File Name is not available. I have checked my setup and everything is as it should be. The dictionary is there, it is enabled. I made changes to normal.dot a few days ago, but nothing that has to do with...

How to create a custom dictionary [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an assistant professor and I am working on a new method of learning English or any other languages. I have a word list of 1000 words. Like this: A (an) Able About Account Acid Across

Dictionary [ 3 Answers ]

Someone told me that a dictionary comes with XP. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't seem to find one, but I thought maybe I was just missing it. Thanks

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search