Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lndsbgrd Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 07:26 PM
    1990 Ford Econoline Van won't start
    My son has a 1990 Ford Econoline Van. He got in and turned the key and it turned over but wouldn't start. I went underneath and tested the fuel pump and it was fine. I don't know what it could be. I didn't see a shut off valve or anything. Does anyone know anything about Econoline vans and any idea what could be wrong?
    GALeeDude25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2008, 04:55 PM
    This isn't an answer to this problem, but more over an affirmation in the problem. My van, 1989, same make/model is having the same problem. I have looked at everything I could think of. Even replaced the coil today, but still just turning over with no ignition. Can anyone help us with this problem? Seems to be a common thing.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2008, 06:11 PM

GALeeDude25:

. Test all under-dash and under-hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

. Ensure spark plugs, rotor, distributor cap, and spark plug wires are in good shape.

. Replace the Ignition Control Module, if problem persists:

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com
    nuts1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2010, 09:23 AM

1991 E250 won't start, has 12v @ Coil pack,
    Bparker89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2012, 06:50 PM
    Have you checked the fuel filter?
    73 grantorino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2012, 07:55 AM
    I have a 88 e 350 van 5.8 litre engine had to replace both fuel pumps due to being in storage for year with gas that vanished .now I am getting no power to the pumps does anyone know where the fuel pump relay or the inersha fuel cutoff switch is at.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 26, 2012, 08:27 AM
    The fuel pump fuse and fuel pump relay are in the under hood fuse box. Be sure to remove and clean the contacts to the fuel pump fuse and relay. I would also test all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter. It may reveal there's a problem with the ignition switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1978 Ford Econoline [ 2 Answers ]

Hello :) My friend has a 1978 Ford Econoline engine is a 318 or 360? The Altenator was changed. Battery will not hold a charge. What charging system problem might this be? Thank you! :)

Ford Van E150 A/C control Switch [ 1 Answers ]

My Ford Van blows hot air when I turn the A/C on. I add 1 can R134 freon but it still blows hot air. Finally I bring the car to a car repair shop. They told me the control to switch door Heat or Cold Air is broken and happens to all Ford makes, models. They estimate about 2 -3 hours labor to...

2000 Ford Windstar Van [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Ford Windstar van that will not start, I have tried jump starting it and it will still not start, it is dead. Could it be that the battery is dead?

View more questions Search