Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lulu27 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 08:21 PM
    BS in Biology career?
    Im am now in school and I realize what I want to do with my life. I would like to become a gynecologist assistant.Working with women's health is important to me. But I have two more years in school to receive my BS in biology. Am I in the right department?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Ok, call me wrong but would you not want to become a nurse Registered with a BS or even a nurse practricioner. Or some other medical field that works in a doctors office, if you wish to work in a doctors office

I am sorry but if this is in the US, I can not related a BS in biology as any qualification for a doctors office.

I would say you may wish to talk to first the guldance counselor and also talk to a doctor in the field you want to go into and ask them what degrees and what skills they use in their office.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 09:54 AM
    I agree. Talk to someone in the field. Shouldn't take long to find someone willing to help you out.

If you know someone in an office talk to them. If not, try to get a referral from a friend. Offer to take the person out to lunch. That way you're not cutting into their work time and you could get some private one on one time to ask real questions.

If you don't like the idea of cold calling an office you may follow the suggestion of talking to someone in a nursing program. I'm not saying you need an RN... but someone in an admissions program could tell you if their training is what is needed and guide you in the right direction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biology [ 2 Answers ]

Is glycolysis universal?

Component present in every part of a loop [ 26 Answers ]

What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one that involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugars?

Biology [ 9 Answers ]

1. What component is present in every part of a loop, such as one That involves proteins producing energetic molecules from sugar? A. Raw materials C. Energy absorption B. Energy release D. Information 2. If you’re using an up-to-date light microscope to examine animal Cells, you won’t be able...

BS in biology? [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of careers can I get with a BS in biology and I minor in health education, in the health care field?:confused:

View more questions Search