Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oecelli Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 04:27 PM
    J1 trainee local taxes back with IT203
    I'm a J1 visa holder from Germany.

Can I file the tax return also for local taxes as non resident (even I live in NY state)?

What forms do I have to fill? Is IT-203 enough?

THX so much
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

May 1, 2008, 11:16 AM
    If you are a student, by law you are considered a non-resident of the state of NY.

If you are a trainee, however, then NY wll consider you to be a resident, either full-time or part-time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

J1 Trainee Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I arrived in America as a J1 Trainee through the Ohio State University with the Turf grass management program in March 2007. I have been working on a golf course in Florida since I arrived and I am having trouble doing my taxes. I have heard that I should receive most of my taxes back...

Lists of local properties/and houses that are up for sale at auctions for back taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know how to get started in finding lists of real estate (land and or houses ) that are being sold at auctions and also the ones that did not sell at the auctions... how to obtain these lists and the price to be paid for these lists... on the internet and locally... Thank You!

PA Local Wage Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Where is it in Pennsylvania State Law books that individuals must pay local earned income tax quarterly or face penalties? Individuals do not have to pay State or federal taxes quarterly yet local municipalities were gcomes from.ven this reign of terror and nobody can tell me where it I

NYC Local Taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Staten Island, and work in New Jersey. I currently have New Jersey worked in state and New York lived in state taxes being deducted from my pay check. Should my employer being deducting New York City Local tax from my check? Thanks!

Taxes for J1 Trainee from france [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have few questions regarding my tax return. I arrived in NY with a J1 in August 2006 from france where I wasn t working. My sponsor is a private company based in NYC. I did not pay any medicare nor FUTA. I would like to know what deduction can I apply on my tax return, like...

View more questions Search