Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xanatos545 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 07:25 PM
    Dvd burner software?
    Yes Hi I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone knew a free software program that burners dvd to disks very fast I have a pentium 3 at 700 mzh
    And a ram of 384 and 20 GB of space and the one I have now takes over 4 1/2 hours to burn a movie is there a way or program that can make it faster any help would be much appreciated thanks for reading :confused: :(

Feb 5, 2006, 09:16 PM
    Why is no one answering do I have to contribute or something?:confused:
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Feb 5, 2006, 11:07 PM
    Hi,
    I know your frustation. Try cloneDVD. You can try that free for some time which I think is a good faster software.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 6, 2006, 01:38 AM
    A change in software will not make a noticeable difference to your burning times.
    The only thing that will is updated hardware. The most noticeable will be a faster DVD burner, these burn up to 8x and there are a few faster ones.
    The other main bottleneck you have is your processor and RAM, upgarding these will make a huge difference to your computers overall speed.
    nav Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Feb 6, 2006, 11:19 AM
    The best thing to use is dvd shrink. If you can get hold of it as it my not be available now. Try downloading it from a p2p (its free any way) although you have to copy the dvd first and its not so quick but as I love it, I'll recommend it download it as an extra and I think you will like it as its easy to use.
    RootLevel Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Feb 13, 2006, 08:18 AM
    nav. Dvd shrink should have nothing to do with cd/dvd burning, its used to ripe a dvd and then shrink it if you so choose. It is good though. I also use dvd decypter as well.

Xantos545
    As far as the free software? Good luck finding something good without crapware involved. My sony dvd burner came with nero and I think it does a pretty good job. I would think yours should have come with some type of software? I know that if you want to use nero your problably going to have to buy it though.

Feb 14, 2006, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RootLevel
    nav. dvd shrink should have nothing to do with cd/dvd burning, its used to ripe a dvd and then shrink it if you so choose. it is good though. i also use dvd decypter as well.

xantos545
    as far as the free software? good luck finding somthing good without crapware involved. my sony dvd burner came with nero and i think it does a pretty good job. i would think yours should have come with some type of software? i know that if you want to use nero your problably going to have to buy it though.
    It did come with nero but the thing won't burn my avi or any other movie I have but if its faster I'll try thanks for the reply:D
    RootLevel Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2006, 07:49 AM
    I don't think your going to see a major increase in burning times if all your doing is switching between different burning software, it has more to do with the speed of your dvd burner and the type of discs your using, make sure your using the speed your manufacture recomendeds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

CD Burner help [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I need some help. I recently got a computer. By recently I mean I got it around sometime toward the end of October. Anyway my problem is that my cd burner has stopped working. Like it plays DVD's and plays audio music it just won't recognize a blank cd and allow me to burn. The most I've used...

Cd burner [ 3 Answers ]

all right I don't know if this is the right section but I just got a cd burner from a friend and I need to hook it up to my computer. Somehow?? Its just the little box where the cd goes.its a BURN- proof 16x10x40x. On the back it has all these little prongy thingys that say: digital audio,analog...

Which CD burner do I buy? [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like to add a CD burner to my 1998 Dell computer. I see a lot of burners available on eBay for attractive prices. How do I know when I've found the right one that'll fit my computer? I have an empty slot in the main part of the computer. It uses Pentium II, Win 98, runs 3XX? MHz, and already...

DVD Burner [ 6 Answers ]

Greetings, I am planning on buying something that I can use to transfer my VHS tapes to DVD, I would also like to be able to make copies of my DVD movies for my son. I am debating between a dvd burner (external) or the software that claims all you need is a cdburner, which I have already on my...

View more questions Search