Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    africanrains Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Using DVD/VCR as TV tuner
    I was recently given a new dvd/vcr combo, but I have an old TV. I bought an RF Modulator so that I could hook them up. What I can't figure out is how to run my TV through the dvd/vcr combo. I used to have a vcr that I would run my TV through so I'd switch channels on the vcr and it would change the TV channels. Is this not possible with a Dvd/VCR combo?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 14, 2008, 09:59 AM
    Sure its and its no different. You just run the antenna/video source into the combo unit and then run the output from the combo unit into the RF Modulator which then goes into your TV.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2008, 08:30 AM
    The VCR will need a built in tuner, or you need an external tuner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connection with a dual tuner Dish 522 and a DVD/VCR combo to TV [ 2 Answers ]

I need help connecting a Dish Network dual tuner 522 DVR.To my Sylvania SRD3900 DVD/VCR combo player cassette recorder.Then into my Sylvania SRT2223X TV.My DVD/VCR has both cable and 2 RCA colored INPUTS and OUTPUTS.My TV has one cable INPUT and 2 RCA colored INPUT one back and one front.TV is SD...

Using DVD/VCR combo as tuner for old TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have an older television, early 90's, and am using a DVD/VCR combo as a tuner to pick up higher stations. The problem is even though the coax appears to be wired correctly when I attempt to use the remote from the DVD/VCR to change channels, even though the tuner shows the channel advancing, the...

Connecting old TV, vcr, and dvd/vcr combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have an old TV with just a coax connector. I have a Zenith VCR and a Go Video dvd/vcr combo. I currently have them set up with an RF mod. Which lets me use the stand alone vcr and the dvd part of the dvd/vcr combo. However, the way I now have this set up, I cannot use the vcr part of the...

VCR/DVD Combo, DVD Recorder hookup to Satellite TV [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to hookup a VCR/DVD combo and a DVD Recorder to my TV. I have satellite TV, but the satellite receiver is not connected to the same TV. I have read and reread all four books and can not figure it out. I want to be able to record from the television to both the VCR and the DVD...

View more questions Search