Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdharmarajan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 09:54 AM
    Activating Macro in Excel 2007
    When transferred my files from an old computer with Excel 2003 to Vista based PC with Excel 2007, the old macros do not work. Please help me to activate the macros. Thanks

Sdharmarajan
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
    Did you choose to allow the macro FUNCTIONs in Excel overall? Even in Office 2003 macros won't run unless you had instructed Excel to either 1) run them automatically or 2) Ask to enable macros when opening the document.

In 2003 that setting is in under TOOLS > MACRO > SECURITY

Choosing HIGH or VERY HIGH security would disable most macros automatically. Check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Auto-Macro in Excel [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lot of macros built-in Excel, but when I want to update the certain data , I have to run them individually each time. Do you know anyway I can auto-run these macros? Thanks for any help.

Recording a macro in Excel [ 2 Answers ]

Need a macro that will select the cell one place to the left, edit the content, hit enter, and then move to cell below where started and repeat to end of column (last cell with a value). Example: 123-456789 is format of cell to be edited - need to remove the hyphen. Someone had created it...

How to Automate a macro in excel [ 4 Answers ]

A program logs files at random in txt. abc_log.txt (example) When new info. Is added to the txt file,manualy activate macro and it does what it suppose to do, all OK there. Is there a way a macro code or excel, or perhaps a BAT program can be made to simply "detect" when new data is added...

View more questions Search