Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    btrflyfreeme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 08:43 AM
    THC hair testing
    I saw your posting in regards to hair testing and I am interested in the THC of hair testing.

I am going to have to submit to a hair test for a job. I am worried about the THC levels. I was a pot smoker a month ago. I did an at home urine test today and passed that. I did a liquid cleanse about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if that helped pass the urine or not.

At any rate, I know in less then a week I am going to have to get a hair test. Do I have to worry about passing the hair test for THC if I used pot a month ago?

Is there hair tests I can buy at the local stores? That is where I got the urine one. I saw a shampoo of the Nexus brand Aloe Rid Shampoo. Is that the same brand that can be bought at the local stores? I will shampoo with that for the next week if it will help.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I really don't want to have to buy an expensive over the line shampoo & have it next day air shipped. I will if I have to, but I really want to avoid that. Also, if I have to do that, what brand should I buy? The only drug I have to pass is for THC. No other drug use do I need to worry about.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 03:43 PM
    These shampoos that promise to erradicate all traces only cleanse the hair on the outside. Your hair is fed from the inside.

It takes approximately 5 days for drugs to start to show up in a person's hair. The new hair growth for the next 90 days will have a trace amount of the drugs and can be detected through laboratory analysis.
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 06:38 PM
    Drugs are incorporated into your hair shaft from the bloodsteam. And like what's been said, it goes back 90 days, for these 90 days, there will be trace amounts that can be detected. I wouldn't totally trust the products on the market that guarantee you to pass, sorry but lots of people have tried them and fail, so depending on this isn't a good bet. There's a lot of difference in the urine test and the hair follicle test, it depends on how much pot how, frequently you used.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Hello btrfly:

You're toast.

excon
    btrflyfreeme Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 07:16 PM
    How about the shampoo that is over 90% guaranteed to work called Precision Cleanse aka Afterburner? They say they have a 94% success rate. Those are pretty good results. They say to use the product the day of the test. Any thoughts on that? w w w p a s s i n g c l e a n is where I found this info.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 07:29 PM
    Hello again, btr:

I don't think anything will work. However, give it a try and let us know.

excon
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 02:02 PM
    I'm not exactly proud to admit this, but.. My daughter tried these products, even bought the most guaranteed, high priced ones, and failed Hair follicle tests on 3 occasions. Products, she followed exactly, day of the test shampoo. And all three products said 90 something % guaranteed or your money back... If you get put into jail, the guarantee doesn't impress me. So, it's all what you want to do and how much of a risk taker you are. Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 02:07 PM
    Aha, I took a test yesterday for my job at the hospital, it stated on there, for a follicle test, that it will come up negative if any illicit drugs had been used in the past 180 days. I had to sign to attest that I read this.

So, I guess it's a matter of what lab they use and exactly which test is done as to whether it's detected in 90 days or 180 days.
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Wow, I guess there getting more exact on these things... Doesn't supprise me at this point, they have to stay ontop of these things. People think these products are going to hide their drug use, but now most testing facilities, also know about these products on the market and now can detect when people cheat by using these products! So it's a no win situation as we well know.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 02:34 PM
    LOL, I talked to the lab girls about all that yesterday. We have to take random drug tests via hair follicle, urine AND blood. Wow, 3 tubes of blood too!!

Yes, the paper I had to sign stated that it was 180 days, and the gal said, "Hey, J, if ya did it, I'd take a break from work till school is over." LOL I told her to just get it over with. I need to work and have nothing to worry about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair testing [ 2 Answers ]

I was hoping someone could help me. We are trying to get custody of my step daughter the Mother tested positive for Meth and Morphine. We are looking for information on line about hair follicle testing and how it differs from Urinalysis. You see she is passing her urine tests but failed the hair...

THC in new hair. [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hair follicle drug test coming up. I used to smoke a lot of weed, but I've recently quit so I could get a job. They offered me the position, and informed me that I would have to take a urine test and a hair follicle test. I knew I could pass the urine test but was unsure about the hair...

DCF and Hair testing [ 2 Answers ]

Can CT DCF force me to have taken a hair and urine test for substance abuse (alcohol) based on an allegation from the birth mother who is a crack addict and has abandoned her daughter? I have temporary custody of my granddaughter but they are holding up the permanent custody based on this testing.

False Positive in Hair Follicle Test - THC [ 10 Answers ]

Where to start... I applied for a job and got a hair follicle test done. My hair is about 1.5 inches long. A week later I get a call from the employer telling me that results came back positive to marijuana. I do not do and have not done marijuana in over 12 years. Is it possible to get false...

Hair Folicl Testing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Kay and I am new to this site. I have a friend who has over 6 months clean and sober from Meth. She is mandated to drug and alcohol classes and UA testing. Three weeks ago, she had to UA test 2 times in the same day and one of the test came back negative. So now she has to go to...

View more questions Search