Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Trudybstamey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 08:39 AM
    2007 tax refund for everybody
    My question is how do I go about helping my mother on SS get her refund this year?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 14, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Just make sure she files this year and the IRS will get her the refund.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 09:43 AM
    I assume you are asking about the stimulus payment, which has also been referred to as a tax rebate. If her only income is social security, she can fiile form 1040A. She should file even thouhg she may not owe ay taxes or is otherwise not required to file, because the IRS is using 2007 tax filings to determine who gets the payment. The IRS has posted some information on this at:

Economic Stimulus Payments Information Center
    Trudybstamey Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines
    I assume you are asking about the stimulus payment, which has also been referred to as a tax rebate. If her only income is social security, she can fiile form 1040A. She should file even thouhg she may not owe ay taxes or is otherwise not required to file, because the IRS is using 2007 tax filings to determine who gets the payment. The IRS has posted some information on this at:

Economic Stimulus Payments Information Center

Thank you very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OPT to H1B Tax filing-SS tax refund? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen. Arrived in US in Aug 2003, on OPT from Jan 2006 and on H1B from October 1st 2006. I started working in Feb 2006 in California. Throughout the year in 2006 Social security , medicare and disability taxes were deducted from my paycheck. Will I get a refund for these...

Filing 1099's W/$0 income-2007 tax yr. Is a refund possible? [ 15 Answers ]

Hello, This is my very first time on the ask me desk. Here is my question- Filing 1099's W/$0 income for the 2007 tax year. Yes folks, 0 income stated on the 1099's We are a family of 5, 2 adults, 3 children and we have almost completely depleted our savings. We are both Realtors...

About Tax Refund [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, As a F1 Student on CPT, what is the Yearly Income limit beyond which I cannot claim tax refunds? And what is the difference between standard deductions and itemized deductions? Thank you.

How does the US/India tax treaty affect the state tax refund? [ 3 Answers ]

The people who make International Student Taxes have put a special resource page for Indians. International Student Taxes | Resources | Students from India I am stuck on a point in this page. To quote: "2. If you took the standard deduction last year, do not put anything on Line 4 of...

Tax refund. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi... I live in chile, and I went to New York this January, I bought a laptop and they charge me US$150 of taxes... as a non resident I heard there's a way to get the taxes back... How can I do it? bubi

View more questions Search