Ask
    1146284 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2008, 06:38 AM
    Going through a Divorce.
    How would you handle a divorce when 2 kids are involved?? :(
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 06:41 AM
    Welcome to AMHD. I suppose you are not in favor of this development? How long have you been married? What ages and sex are the kids? Are you Mommy or Daddy?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
    I would not consider a divorce unless the spouse is abusive or has deserted you. There is no free lunch and after a divorce it is worse than before. If you are female, you can expect to go from your current life style to poverty over night. You can expect that the kids will have problems both in school, and socially. I know, I am a product of a broken home. Children of divorce are 50% more likely to arrive in the criminal justice system sometime in their lives that children of non divorced families. Have you considered counselling for your family situation?
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 12:53 PM
    450donn writes: "...Children of divorce are 50% more likely to arrive in the criminal justice system sometime in their lives that children of non divorced families...." Interesting statistic; can you provide some documentation or citation? Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do it myself divorce [ 2 Answers ]

I live in N.J and my husband lives in N.C.We have lived separately for four and a half years. How do I get a fast cheap divorce?

Divorce [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is getting a divorce in KY. Only married 2 months. Her & her husband built a house through self help housing before they were married. We gave her the land to build it on but it had to be put in his name & hers. This land has been in our family for many years. She wants the house for...

How do I divorce [ 1 Answers ]

I married my husband 2 years ago. He left me and now I can't find him. My question is how I divorce a immagration with out it looking like fraud. What steps should I take

Divorce in VA [ 2 Answers ]

I'm separating from my husband (at least that's my plan) after the 1st of the year... (just because we have a young child). I want to know other then seeing an attorney what should I be asking the attorney. I don't want to fight for anything other then my daughter. Any advice. Thanks,

Yes/No to divorce? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband of eleven years told me he wasn't in love with me anymore. We have been separated a little over a year now. He has a girlfriend which he says is not serious. I have filed for divorce but for some reason he does not want to divorce me. He says, "he cares because he calls to see how I...

View more questions Search