Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jutvolfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2008, 07:00 AM
    Can you tell me what the going rate is for cleaning bids for a state building I believe the square footage is about 3500.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 25, 2008, 07:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jutvolfan
    Can you tell me what the going rate is for cleaning bids for a state building I believe the square footage is about 3500.
    Although I have no idea what Country or State you are in I can only tell you that most public buildings (including States in USA) will tell you the current contract price.

Bid accordingly, however be careful as specifications could have changed. Thus effecting the current bidding price.

Speaking to your being in the US and bidding here, the risk here is to bid too low to do the job properly. By telling what the current price is, a "glass ceiling" is created. And most bidders will use this as a "red line" and bid below it. Which creates a problem, because the low bidder gets the bid 99% of the time. That low bid is usually too low...

To directly answer your question, is next to impossible. Square footage, density, number of days building is to be cleaned, who provides; supplies, equipment, competition, union or non-union, type of business; commercial, medical, educational, etc, are all variables from city to city. So square foot pricing for your particular area is not something that I can provide. I suggest that you befriend a local person/company to get this information, which I would only use as a guideline.

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning bid for commercial building on sq. Ft. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, hope someone can be of some assistance. I am bidding on a commercial office building that has roughly 18,000 sq. ft. with a few offices vacant. The cleaning will be a regular janitorial service 5 days a week with paper products provided. The building manager said they usually get a discount...

Bidding on Cleaning an Office Building in Virginia [ 2 Answers ]

I have to make a bid on a building that is 1,350 square feet and I do not want to underbid. The location is in Virginia and it will require what would be considered as basic to partial cleaning of an office building. I would like an idea or quote as to how much to charge for my services.

Janitorial cleaning bids [ 2 Answers ]

How do I get cleaning bids

New cleaning service bids [ 5 Answers ]

I have just started an office cleaning business. I already have one client who wants bids on several locations. I don't have time to wait for a book to arrive in the mail to get advise! I need help ASAP!! If you can help, I would be soooo grateful- thank you, vvj

Commercial Cleaning bids [ 11 Answers ]

I've got to bid on an 288,000 sq. ft. multy location business and I don't know how to come up with my figure. Can someone Help me

View more questions Search