Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

Mar 15, 2008, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Just always remember to consider what the initials would spell too.

When I was pregnant with my first I was hoping for a girl. I was going to name her Hailey Ann....My last name at the time was Schmidt.

My sweet loving mother brought it to my attention that kids are cruel, they would be calling her Holy Sh!t. LOL

Another friend of mine named her child Amber Nichole, and their last name begins with D....so her monogram is AND.

Just things to consider.

LOL I never thought about that, kids can be so cruel EVS would be his intials and hers
    L-M KS.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Oh, well, that's good. Nothing like DID or AND, my daughter's best friend's initials are VIP. LOL, she is a Very Important Person to us.

Mar 15, 2008, 06:45 PM
    Yeah you know everyone thinks after you have given birth you can go back to eating and drinking again but no not if your breastfeeding I guess. What about diets then? Can I go on a diet?

Mar 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Oh, well, that's good. Nothing like DID or AND, my daughter's best friend's initials are VIP. LOL, she is a Very Important Person to us.

LOL VIP that's funny what is her name? I always thought giving kids cute names was just going to hurt them later in life because no one was going to take them serious.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 15, 2008, 06:48 PM
    I wouldn't go on a diet so soon. You need all you can get to get healthy again. You see, delivering a baby is very traumatic to your body.

I know with my last two I didn't have to diet. I walked out of the hospital in pre-pregnancy clothes and I was as big as a barn the day of delivery.

Just take it one day at a time. Let's see how all else goes first. No need to put the cart before the horse.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davejag
    Yeah you know everyone thinks after you have given birth you can go back to eating and drinking again but no not if your breastfeeding I guess. What about diets then? Can I go on a diet?
    Actually, you can eat pretty much what you want to. Obviously healthy food choices are best. The occasional drink isn't really an issue either... but if you wanted to be more cautious, just have your drink right after a feed so that there will be a period pass before the next feed is needed.
    Many women find they lose the baby weight fairly easily while breastfeeding as it burns a good number of calories... even though it is suggested you eat a bit more during breastfeeding than you did during pregnancy... about 500 extra calories a day. But, it doesn't hold true for everyone... plenty of women feel it wasn't fair when they didn't lose the weight as quickly as they expected to!

After you have had your postpartum checkup, at about 6 weeks, you can discuss dieting with your doctor. Weight Watchers has a nice diet for breastfeeding mothers. You want to be sure you don't go too far down in caloric intake as it can effect milk supply for some women.
    In most cases, you can certainly start some easy walking early on, but anything more strenuous, wait until you speak to your doctor at the checkup.

Mar 15, 2008, 06:57 PM
    I have only gained 10lbs with this pregnancy but because I have had 2 miscarriages before I just put on the weight. I mean Im not over weight or anything but I would like to get down to 130- 140 again. I do have a personal trainer and he said I have to lose the Bustar Bars ( Ice cream bars yummy).
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 17, 2008, 01:36 PM
    My normal weight before I got pregnant was 98 lbs. for years. And I drank whole milk, ate real icecream and real cheeses. Never touched the 'diet' foods.

When I got pregnant I took my prenatal vitamins and iron and still ate normally. It is my opinion that if you want a baby, a healthy baby, whole milk and real cheese is better for development. And it's still the best while nursing.

I weighed 150 lbs when I went in to deliver, after delivery I weighed 130 lbs. and it took me two years to get back to size 7 and then 5. But it was worth it because I had a healthy baby and nursed for 14 months. I made my choice - I wanted a baby, and wanted a healthy one - that was my priority.

Later after that was achieved, I danced, swam, exercised to music, and got back to my 'sexy' stage and had fun sewing new clothes for myself and felt great.

So, it all depends what your priorities are and how to achieve them. I don't regret the big bum or big boobs - that was nourishment that nature meant for my child and after that I could do what I wanted again. I never let 'society' tell me what weight I should have and how I should look, I did not need to look like 'Twiggy' at any time in my life and still felt like a sexy woman. It's mostlly in the mind - IMO...

So, you ladies that want to stay skinny all your life, either don't have kids or get some other woman to have them for you.. but you'll miss out on the most wonderful feeling and pride in seeing that sacrifice grow to hug and love you for being just you, no matter whether you are heavy or skinny.

Just had to put my two-cents worth in, I hope I did not upset any of you, that was not my purpose here.

Motherhood is the hardest job in the world, but worth every effort!

A happy and proud Grandma!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Naming your baby after the doctor? [ 14 Answers ]

So I'd like to give everyone an update the baby is fine so far we have our 7th ultrasound tomorrow ( due to the bleeding a few days ago), but so far everything looks good. So now to my question my wife has come up with this really "great " idea ( note that great is in quotes). She now thinks we...

Breech Baby, really bad Rib Ache [ 5 Answers ]

I am 32 weeks Pregnant and my widwife has told me that me Baby is in the breech position. I have been sufferinf for the last 3-4 weeks with really bad aches in the right hand side of my ribs (under my breast) and in my back, am sure there gonne pop out. Are these pains normal.. even with a breech...

Baby measuring smaller/doctor update [ 14 Answers ]

Well guys I had my second doctor visit today! The baby is too cute and looks more human and we could see the heart beating... doctor said we would listen to it next time! It measures 27cm crown to rump! The only thing that bothered me a bit was that the doctor said the baby measured to be at 9...

Breech bαby [ 16 Answers ]

I'm 38 weeks αnd 5 dαys. I went to the doctor this morning αnd αppαrently my little girl decided to turn αround αnd is now breech... I'm getting α scheduαled c- section... I definαtely did not wαnt it to go this wαy.. hαs αnyone gone through this? αny αdvice.. I'm so sαd:(

Breech of contract by realtor [ 2 Answers ]

Is there legitimate cause for a claim that I can make for remuneration because the listing realtor did not advertise the home--in the paper, or on the internet--except for his own website. In addition, would not list the house because it was "March" and insisted we wait until May, when home buying...

View more questions Search