Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbjarvis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 04:53 PM
    Installed a new blower in furnace
    I have installed a new blower motor and the motor blows to fast and cuts off three to four times a cycle. Any help?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
    Did the motor come with a number of leads? You may not have selected the correct ones for your application. If there is a standard color code for them, I don't know it. You may need to study any directions that came with it or contact the manufacturer to tell which lead is which.

Can't think of any good reason for it to start and stop.
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Feb 1, 2006, 09:08 PM
    Agree w/ labman, but does wew motor have the same RPM as the old one?

Cuts off? Sounds like since the new motor is blowing too fast, you might be drafting the thermostat with hot air - then it cools off when it stops, then starts, etc... just a guess.
    jbjarvis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 07:17 PM
    There is an extra wire that was not on the original motor, a blue wire that I did not use. I wired the new motor exactly as the old was. The furnace flame stays lite. The motor shuts down. When the chamber heats up again the blower begins again. Runs for 15 - 20 seconds and shuts down until the chamber heats up. It's like the blower is putting too much air through the heat chamber and cooling it to fast. I think I need to slow the blower down.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2006, 08:05 PM
    The blue wire should connect with a different part of the motor windings. If the motor had a white wire, leave it connected, and replace the black wire with the blue one. If both the other wires are the same, try the blue in place of the one connected to the house feed black wire.
    jpeepaul Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Black is hi speed , blue med speed , red low speed, use red for heat, blue or black for cool, yellow or white will be common course brn/brnwhite to capacitor check settings on your fan limit switch on at what temp off at what temp?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Blower Fan Won't Turn Off [ 3 Answers ]

Last night I installed a brand new programmable Honeywell to replace my the ancient mercury Honeywell that was on the wall. I have a 20+ year old forced air gas with central air. The side effect has been that the furnace blower will not shut off. Whether the system is in "heat" or "cool" or...

Furnace blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol Furnace, and it stopped working. I called a Heating Co, and the technician said that that the motor was bad, it's and old unit with Climatrol no longer in business. I might be able to find a used motor, but I really need a new furnace. After he left I was reaching in and I was...

Furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

A friend asked help about his furnace blower emitting a screeching sound during operation and then just stopped. I went over and tried to rotate the blower by hand - resistance to free rotation was present. Removed the blower assembly and dismantled motor. No lubrication on both motor bushings....

Furnace blower? [ 3 Answers ]

This morning my furnace in the attic was making some weird sounds. By lunch time the was a burning smell through my vents. At lunch time no heat was blowing through my vents in the house. I turned the a/c on and still nothing. My unit outside is working fine too. What do you think it could be?

Furnace/blower. [ 6 Answers ]

Been searching but so far I haven't found any information that really helps me. I've lived in this house for about a year and a half now, it has the original furance in it(house was built in the 70's I blelieve). Last year the furnace worked fine, and had worked fine so far this year. I live in...

View more questions Search