Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BlueRin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2004, 07:00 PM
    Relinquishing all rights ?
    Ok the legal guardian of the baby Ive been caring for over the past 7 months signed the baby over to me by relinquishing all rights through a public notary .Ok now the original mother got out of jail Monday and brought me the court order which was for the girl that signed him over to me ordering her to let the mother visit with the child until we all go to court this Tuesday.But the mother did'nt want to visit with the child here she told me to get all his things packed he was going with her .So the police came and said he goes nowhere with her because it plainly states visit not turn him over .I figure she wants to have the baby in her possession when we go to court so it looks good on her but she has never had anything to do with the child way before she went to jail .So now she says that the paper I have is not worth its weight in water and she is coming with the person who signed him over to me this weekend to take the baby away from us .Is this true or is she bluffing?So she can trick me..?
    blueeyestwenty Posts: 14, Reputation: 4

Aug 22, 2007, 04:18 PM
    I don't have any legal knowledge but I would say the form you have should hold up, especially if it was notarized. To be on the safe side I think you should either go to a friends house until the court date or refuse to let them in unless they are accompanied by the police. I would hate for her to take off with the child, she did want you to pack ALL of his things after all... And if custody was given to you it's your job to keep him safe. Be sure to take the papers with you to court as well, the paper saying rights to the child are temporarily yours, and any police reports involving her trying to "take" the child, as well as the paper that says she can have visits. As far as bringing the person who signed the child to you, once he signed... he signed. He can't change his mind now.
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 22, 2007, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRin
    Ok the legal guardian of the baby Ive been caring for over the past 7 months signed the baby over to me by relinquishing all rights through a public notary .Ok now the original mother got out of jail monday and brought me the court order which was for the girl that signed him over to me ordering her to let the mother visit with the child until we all go to court this tuesday.But the mother did'nt want to visit with the child here she told me to get all his things packed he was going with her .So the police came and said he goes nowhere with her because it plainly states visit not turn him over .I figure she wants to have the baby in her possesion when we go to court so it looks good on her but she has never had anything to do with the child way before she went to jail .So now she says that the paper I have is not worth its weight in water and she is coming with the person who signed him over to me this weekend to take the baby away from us .Is this true or is she bluffing?So she can trick me... ???Im going up for custody of a baby I have been caring for over the past 7 months .Both of the parents have been incarcerated since March .And they are both repeat offenders.Having one other child that other people have to take care of as well .In the beginning I was sappose to adopt this baby because they were giving him up for adoption and I was recommended .But now I have temp custody and im going for full custody .I go to court in two weeks the bio mother gets released in one week but the bio father does'nt get out until next year. So my ? is WILL I GET FULL CUSTODY OF CHRISTIAN...
    I merge your posts to make things clear...
    I am a little confused who is the legal guardian,how he/she was appointed as a legal guardian and why he/she signed relinquishing all rights through a public notary...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

As an aunt do I rights to sue DCFS for vistation rights to see my niece? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi My name is Rosalyn. I have a 12 year old niece that I just adore. Unfortunately she is in foster care with Illinois's DCFS going on 6 years. My sister, my nieces mom is mentally Ill. Her father was in jail for 10 years (my niece was 2 when he was sentence). Now that he is out jail and a witness...

Fathers Rights [ 5 Answers ]

My daughters friend has a little girl from a previous girlfriend. They were never married. He is listed as the father on the birth certificate. The mother does not want child support and has sole custody of the child. The father paid for the hospital bills when she was born and still pays all...

Relinquishing of Father's Parental Rights [ 8 Answers ]

Hello Everyone. My name is Catherine. I live in Chesapeake, Virginia. I need to know what I need to do do get my daughter's father's rights terminated. He's already signed a paper stating he is willingly terminating his rights and got it notarized. I know I went to some site and it said if the...

Squatter's Rights [ 8 Answers ]

I moved into a house almost 4 yrs ago. My boyfriend and I had broken up and then got back together 5 months after I got my own place. We decided that he would pay the rent and I would pay my Car Payments, the phone, electric and internet bill, and Car Insurance on both of our vehicles. Now I want...

Father's rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father was a registered sex offender (I did not know)and left for AK when she was born. I made it clear I wanted nothing to do with him. I have not seen or heard from him in over four years. He knew about his daughter but to my knolwledge has never tried to find...

View more questions Search