Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trixie01 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 04:52 PM
    How can I lose weight fast without changing my entire eating habbits?
    I really want to lose weight... I weigh like 177 and I'm like 5''6'... I have tried to lose weight I just do not have the will power... I want to be thiner... I need to lose like 50 pounds but I am impatient.I know losing weight too fast can harm you so I want to know how to do it without taking pills and changing my entire eating habbits.. I can't afford to go to the gym and I hate taking pills... I really need some advice.. :confused:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
    The best and ONLY HEALTHY way to lose weight is to have a well balanced diet and exercise.

Going to the gym is not the only way you can exercise, you can do it for free every day. Take up a sport. Take walks with your dog (if you have one), if you don't offer to walk neighbors' dogs, walk places that you could drive or take the bus to. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. There are a number of things that can help you exercise without ever stepping foot in a gym.

And as far as the diet goes, just eat well balanced meals. And losing weight fast shouldn't be a concern, losing it the healthy way should, that's the only way you'll keep it off.

Trust me, I know. I have plenty of very similar posts to this one on here. And I learned to eat right, and exercise. I've lost 21 pounds in three months. And still have 35 more to go.

I'm 5'3" and was 175. I'm 154 right now. You can do it. Diet pills and diet drinks are a waste of money, and frankly the thought is a waste of time.

There are plenty of very knowledgeable helpful encouraging people here to help you out, and give great advice.

Good luck to you.
    TheJenn88 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Mar 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Exactly what Momma said - the best way to ensure that you lose weight and KEEP IT OFF is to change your lifestyle. I know that doesn't sound ideal, but that is reality. If you don't change your eating habits, the weight you lose will always come back.
    Vision Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 12:22 AM
    It's true... And once you start seeing the results, you won't ever want to go back.. And your diet and exercise will become a way of life.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 14, 2008, 04:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    It's true....And once you start seeing the results, you won't ever want to go back..And your diet and exercise will become a way of life.
    Nice to see you back momma. How are you making out? Anyway I like her answer as well. Nice. I would go with that.
    Vision Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
    I'm doing great. I've lost 21 pounds since Christmas. And 8 of them this passed month. I'm very excited to get to my goal weight. Hope I can make it by JUNE! Wish me luck guys!!

And good luck to you, trixie01!!
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Well... I guess you could contract dysentery... and malaria.

... you lose like 30 lbs in a month.

In all seriousness... really... no easy way to lose weight without working on it.
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Mar 16, 2008, 06:37 PM
    When my ex girlfriend dumped me I was 270 lbs and looking for some way to lose weight. I was at college which meant my food intake was going to suck, bad. I despised going to the gym to lift weights, largely because I didn't want to be seen by all the musclebound jocks and discouraged. So what I ended up doing was finding a sport that I loved, in my case mixed martial arts, and starting a program there. I train 3 hours a day 5 days a week, and I absolutely love it, here I am, a year and change later weighing in at about 200, a six pack, and biceps you'd kill somebody in front of their own mother for.

Moral(s) of the story: Find a sport you love
    I'm dead sexy

Edit. As far as diet goes, you can sort of lose a lot of weight while still eating garbage. Problem is that you can't eat that much, which is why I qualify it with sort of. For example, I eat mostly pasta beef and cottage cheese. The beef comes in form of hamburgers with fries, which is about all I can do for lunch. I get rid of the bun and usually limit myself to the smallest portion of fries available, and even then discard most of it. It's compensated for in my workout plan, so I can get away with it. Just don't tell my instructor that I've been lying to him about what I eat. He'd totally kill me. Seriously, he would.
    Fashionista55 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Mar 18, 2008, 10:41 PM
    You can go to the park and run-- or walk. Either one. A must is to change your eating habbits. If you don't then there is no point at all and I seriously doubt you will get results. Start small like cutting things out of your diet like cheese and you'll save tons of calories that way and just keep adding to the list. You'd be surprised how the little things add up.
    Vision Expert

Mar 19, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista55
    You can go to the park and run-- or walk. Either one. A must is to change your eating habbits. If you don't then there is no point at all and I seriously doubt you will get results. Start small like cutting things out of your diet like cheese and you'll save tons of calories that way and just keep adding to the list. You'd be surprised how the little things add up.
    That's a good idea. Cut out soda, or any carbonated/sugary drink, drink tons of water, cut out white bread, and don't eat four hours before bed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lose weight fast [ 3 Answers ]

:eek: OK I'm in dispirit help I need to lose about 10-30 pounds in about 1-4 weeks I'm 5''7' 170 pounds I need some advise to lose it fast and quick... asap

Eating to Fast [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 10 week old Dashaund puppy and every time I put her food down to eat, she inhales it like she has never eaten before. I try to make her slow down but she won't. I had to rush her to the emergency vet one night because her stomach blew up. I have been feeding her less, but now three...

Lose weight fast [ 1 Answers ]

You know, why is it in the gym... everyone that goes looks as if they shouldn't be there, all these lean and buff people. Well... it doesn't matter because at the end of the day whatever you look like, even attending classe, or your local gym shows that you take pride in your body, take pride in...

How to get lose weight fast [ 3 Answers ]

As I'm very fat . Suggest me some good and effective ways to lose weight...

View more questions Search