Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csoccer606 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Knee surgery is preventing
    I want to lose 15-20 pounds by this summer but I'm realizing that with all of the workouts I do, I'm gaining a lot of muscle and not losing the weight. What am I doing wrong?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 13, 2008, 03:12 PM
    Muscle weighs more than fat so if you work on toning your body by using less weight and more reps you should get the results you are looking for.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Mar 14, 2008, 04:45 AM
    For your header for your post it states "knee surgery is preventing". Can you get out and jog or speed walk? If so this is a great way to lose allot of weight. Cardio as well.
    csoccer606 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Well that is another problem. With the knee surgery I had, I'm still not able to do a lot of running or jogging. I do the bike almost everyday but is it true your body gets used to doing the same things and you end up not losing any weight?
    ForeverZero Posts: 312, Reputation: 82

Mar 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Wait, do you want to lose pounds or do you want to burn fat? There's a difference. It's possible to weigh 260lbs and have almost no body fat. Which is it? If you want to lose pounds, as in you're already at a low fat percentage and you want to cut weight, you should lay off the strength training, stick to some cardio. If you want to burn fat, don't use the number on the scale as representative of your progress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cosmetic Surgery thesis statement on Risks and benefits of Cosmetic Surgery [ 4 Answers ]

I need a thesis statement on Cosmetic Surgery, I will be during my essay on Risks and benefits. What are your thoughts?

Poss. Pregnant, going for knee surgery tomorrow [ 1 Answers ]

I started back on my birth control pills this past month, after being off them for 3 months. My husband and I have not been protecting ourselves from pregnancy. I should have started my cycle 3 days ago, but I only spotted. I worried because I'm having surgery on my knee tomorrow. I know that...

Ex preventing me from other relationships [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I have a problem that I need understanding on. I have broken up with my girlfriend about 3 months ago that lasted about 1 1/2 years back in high school. Since then I have moved on to college with her going to a different school than me so we have both completely moved on. One of her good...

DJD Knee Surgery [ 2 Answers ]

My DR is sending me to a Orthopedic Surgery he said that I need knee Surgery that I have DJD I was wondering if anyone one knows how long I would be out of work? Thanks

Preventing Wasps [ 2 Answers ]

Last summer my entire family got stung by wasps. There was about 10 different nests under the railing of our large deck. The most problemsome was the nests near the gates that connected the deck to the pool area. We tried sprays of all kinds then just resorted to avoiding the main gate, but this...

View more questions Search