Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lp115 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Port forwarding with 2 routers
    I am trying to port forward with a Qwest DSL Router that is connected to my Netgear wireless router. I am just trying to put a live web cam page up but I am not sure how to port forward with 2 coneedted routers. The configuration is as follows:

Internet > Qwest DSL Modem > Netgear Wireless Modem > PC Computer

What setting should Iuse? Thank you for your help.

Leo
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Mar 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Without knowing the models of the equipment involved I can only give you a general answer. I'll assume both your "modems" are routing. You NAT or otherwise map an outside (public Internet) address and port on the Qwest router to the Netgear router's external address and a port. You then NAT or map this external address and port on the Netgear to an internal address and port on the PC LAN for the camera.

If the PC LAN is visible to the internal side of the Qwest, meaning the Netgear isn't NAT'ing or firewalling, you can skip port forwarding on the Netgear and NAT directly to the PC LAN address and port on the Qwest and add the necessary route.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone forwarding service [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone use a phone forwarding service (like this)? I found several free ones available like the above but am wondering if there are any downsides.

Replace data/fax port with firewire port [ 2 Answers ]

I want to buy a dell inspiron 531 computer from costco. It has a TV tuner and a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem. I know the TV tuner uses one of the two available pci slots, but does a data/fax modem use anothwer pci slot? I want to have an open pci slot so I can add a firewire port. If the data/fax uses a...

Forwarding with attachments [ 3 Answers ]

When I receive an email in hotmail that has a series of attachments every thing shows in the proper place in the text section of the email, A picture then text describing the picture then the next picture and text and so on. When I try to forward it to someone with Yahoo or AOL email they only...

Port Forwarding [ 1 Answers ]

How do I forward my Ports to my wireless AtivaG54 router? I tried enabling my Upnp fucnction but I keep getting error:password>3char

Forwarding Address [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I need to sue previous tenants at my property for unpaid rent/utilities and damages, but they have moved out and they did not give me a forwarding address. How do I obtain that from the USPS? I tried to call the USPS and they say they need something from the court saying they can release...

View more questions Search