Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NoNameMaddox Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 02:50 PM
    Mock Trials
    I am heading up the forensics team in a mock trial that we are having after the mock crime scene. There was a murder and the cause of death was blunt force trauma. Does anyone have any information about what I should do when I present my expert witness testimony on blunt force trauma for the trial? Public speaking makes me nervous but if I knew more about what exactly I should talk about and how I should present it I may feel more comfortable. Any help is appreciated.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2006, 09:10 PM
    You are leading the forensic team. So are you not a witness to be questioned by the Crown (Prosecutor) and Defense attorney?

So I will assume you are the Crown attorney.

Is the class the jury or is it a judge trial? If it's a jury trial, with the class as jury, try to get them to laugh, but not over the top.

Questions to ask:
    Ms. Witness, tell me, how did the victim die?

I see, and do you know who killed the victim?

I see. And how do you know the defendant killed the victim?

(This is where u need to tell me what evidence the witness has)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2006, 03:10 PM
    For experts witness you ask them to state their name, position and at times have a listing ( in writing) of their expert status, showing education, other court cases they have testified at. You would either have this read into evidence by the witness to prove he is an expet. You have to prove first to the jury that he is not just a homeless man off the street you brought in, but some who is qualifed to testify.

Next their needs to be photos of the trauma, the medical report and even over all photo of the victim.

And no opinion questions, only yes and now questions, also you prep your witenss before so they know what you are going to ask and can practice answers ( this is real life) with your witnesses.

Also remember you are talking to the jury ( or judge but most mock trials are always in front of a jury for some reason) you are not talking really to the witness, you look at him to make eye contact, but you are showing the jury the evidnece

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

60s fantasy of trials to save the princess [ 1 Answers ]

I have been looking for a fantasy movie, probably made in Italy and dubbed in English Made circa the late 50's or ealy 60's. It scared the living daylights out of me, I loved it! The hero had been dipped in the same river Styx as Achilles by his mother t make Him invincible. The princess was...

Mock Tudor [ 3 Answers ]

Head a song a while back by this group. Has anyone else ever head of them? Where can I go to find this group and the songs? Tried a couple of the sites listed in this section and have had no luck. Please help!

View more questions Search