Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miva Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 09:40 AM
    How to record personal exp paid by company
    Background: it's a partnership business. We don't have visa card for the company yet. So owners have to pay from their own pockets when we run out of the cash. I have set up owner loan payable to each owner under short term Liability. So whenever we receive our AR , owners will get reimbursed.

Questions:: now company also made something for the owners. Say company paid materials for owners home renovation. Also paid employees for the time worked in owners home.

How should I record that to offset owner loan payable:

I'm thinking to record the material exp and pay roll exp as normal way.

Like DR material exp ( we don't have inventory) / payroll exp
    Cr Bank

Now what should I do to offset owner's loan payable account. I'm stuck . Please give me a hand.
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 10:36 AM
    If the owners don't need to pay back the expenses, and yes just do it your way.

There are may be some tax issues regarding to the deductability of these expenses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company personal loan to boss [ 2 Answers ]

My boss has taken person loans from the company that he has paid back, how do I post these loans

Severance not paid.too long with company! [ 1 Answers ]

Was laid off-(37 years with same company). Company finally closed. However, 5 years ago, company laid off 150+ workers and they were given severance pay. 20+ were retained and over the years others who have left or let go received severance. No severance for the remaining 20+ though. A few weeks...

CA resident paid by an NJ company [ 1 Answers ]

Firstly, about me: I am an Indian citizen Came to US on F1 in 2002 Always been a resident of California Was filing 1040-NR-EZ, 8843 and CA-540-2EZ But, I am now on H1B visa since Oct 1st, 2006 I got to know that I am still a non-resident for 2006 tax year So, I have to file 1040NR or EZ...

View more questions Search