Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tacotime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 07:25 AM
    Replacing the grass in my lawn with eco-grass
    I want to replace the grass in my lawn with some eco-grass (a blend of fescues, not the astroturf), but I'd like to avoid using Roundup to kill my existing grass. I was thinking of either tilling my entire yard with a rototiller or getting a sod cutter and then flipping the sod over (so I don't lose any topsoil).
    razor96 Posts: 87, Reputation: 8

Mar 13, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Do not use the sod cutter unless you get rid of the turf, turning the sod over will only cause it to start decomposing and you will have to wait 6-8 weeks before you can re-seed.
    Tilling is a better idea if you do not want to use any chemicals. Good luck with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Creating a New Lawn (From woods to grass) [ 2 Answers ]

Just cleared my backyard which was all woods with undergrowth. Trees were removed and undergrowth was mulched very fine. After I had the backyard cleared I had it graded and added new topsoil. I live in NJ and it's the beginning of summer. I have two questions. 1) Is it better to plant grass...

Grass catcher for Lawn Chief [ 1 Answers ]

How do I purchase a grass catcher for my older model Lawn Chief riding mower? It seems to have been made by General Power Equip Co, I cannot find them on the internet. The original store that I purchase the mower says I need to go to a jobber. Any suggestions?

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Removing blue grass (Poa annua) from lawn [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I am working in Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, and I am currently looking more than 100000sq meter lawn (Bermuda grass: Cynodon dactylon). My problem is the weed, Poa annua commonly called blue grass. Can any one suggest me for some specific week killer which kill only the weeds not the...

View more questions Search