Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    super mom Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2008, 06:59 AM
    Self removal?
    Hello. I'm new to this and not sure I'm even posting my question in the right place but hopefully someone can help me. Does anyone know if you can remove the Merina IUD by yourself? If so what r the risks? I have no insurance and I want this thing out! :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 07:04 AM
    I don't think it is possible to remove yourself because from what I understand it goes up into your ovaries. Even if you could manage to try you could do a lot more damage than it would cost having it properly removed.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Unless you want to have SERIOUS risks and potentially hazardous/fatal outcomes, don't even think about trying to remove it yourself. A doctor has to put it in, a doctor has to take it out. Not having insurance is rough I know, but do not even attempt to take this out with out a certified doctor performing the procedure.
    super mom Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 15, 2008, 08:20 PM
    Thank you! I got an appt with a free clinic for this week. I appreciate your feed back. Again thanks a bunch

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Removal of highlights [ 3 Answers ]

I need a home remedy to remove my highlights.. MY HAIR IS YELLOW!! Can I use dishwashing soap to strip it out or will it lighten even more?

Paint removal [ 1 Answers ]

What will remove paint from brick?

Removal of Name on Deed [ 1 Answers ]

My Condo is paid for and both my husband and my name are on the Deed... How do I remove his name on this Deed? BTW, he does agree that this is best for our situation. Thanks

Tattoo removal [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a safe way to remove a tattoo with something you can buy over the counter?:eek:

View more questions Search