Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ultimate_user_name Posts: 103, Reputation: 6

Jan 27, 2009, 08:47 AM
    Well I think some people wanted to know how it worked, since it's not a "joke" really...

So I made a big long post explaining it nicely and I swear, as I reached the LAST SENTENCE, the power just went out... -_-

If you don't want to read how it works, or don't care, then don't read my post, since it was fairly obvious I was explaining it. ;)
    KARIEMELIA Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jan 27, 2009, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_user_name View Post
    Well I think some people wanted to know how it worked, since it's not a "joke" really...

So I made a big long post explaining it nicely and I swear, as I reached the LAST SENTENCE, the power just went out.... -_-

If you don't want to read how it works, or don't care, then don't read my post, since it was fairly obvious I was explaining it. ;)
    I don't read.. I skim:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2009, 08:56 AM
    OMG PEOPLE THIS IS A SIMPLE MATH PROBLEM!!!!!
    Hello user:

Uhhhh, Dude! I never thought that it wasn't. Only that it was cute.

Your caps indicate that you were YELLING at us. That isn't very polite.

excon

Jan 27, 2009, 09:28 AM

It may have been just a simple math problem, but when you work with numbers all day long... simple math doesn't even come into my head!! Lol

Jan 27, 2009, 09:56 AM
    OK sorry!! -_-

Jan 27, 2009, 12:24 PM
    ok sorry!!! -_-
    All is forgiving on my behalf!!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIEMELIA View Post
    I understand and I am sorry for the rude remark back. I get frustrated also...
    Like when I go to put my opinion on a forum whether it be old or not, I always tend to get a response of 1. This post is old.
    2. You don't have a license to answer this question.
    and that in itself gets annoying. Truth is I only come onto this site when I am at work because for some odd reason we aren't allowed internet access, but this site is not blocked from me.... so it helps my day go by quicker....;) Like last Friday I spent the whole day on the Humor and Comedy forum reading jokes and laughing to myself!!!!!!
    Do you work with me? I am currently at work and I am just spending the day reading the Humor and Comedy forum. Haha

Jan 30, 2009, 12:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Do you work with me? I am currently at work and I am just spending the day reading the Humor and Comedy forum. haha
    LOL... I don't know, do you work at a bank?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2009, 11:41 AM

But Excon dear, it definitely will not work for me as I don't go out to eat and have no intention or desire to go out to eat. Guess I'm just weird and no, I'm not 16 either.

So, tell me, just how much moolah did you have to pay that poster to say you're 16? Maybe if I slip some moolah under the table he'll say I'm 16 (again)? I'm holding my breath over here, so don't dillydally, OK?
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Feb 8, 2009, 03:28 PM

Did not work for me :D

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would
    Like to go out to eat (more than once but less than 10). 3

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold) 6

3. Add 5 11

4. Multiply it by 50 550

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1758...

If you haven't, add 1757. b-day in april so: 1757

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born. 1993

You should have a three digit number 314

The first digit of this was your original number. (how many
    Times you want to go out to restaurants in a week)

The next two numbers are YOUR AGE ------ Oh YES, they are! I don't know why

only worked for number (3) not age, im 15 =D
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 8, 2009, 03:59 PM

Macky, the post was written March 2008, and in 2008, when it was written, you would have still been 14 so your answer is correct. :)
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Feb 8, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Macky, the post was written March 2008, and in 2008, when it was written, you would have still been 14 so your answer is correct. :)
    Dang... lol

Feb 9, 2009, 01:01 PM

If you look at page two I explain the math behind it... if you still want it to work substitute 1758 and 1759 instead of 1757 and 1758 this will make up for the year difference in which it was written.
    hoshkins11 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 10:48 AM

It was a year younger but that okay haha.
    That's kind of crazy
    13ecca Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Feb 18, 2009, 04:26 PM

It's not worked for me...

Like to go out to eat; I picked 4

2. Multiply this number by 2; 8

3. Add 5; 13

4. Multiply it by 50; 650

5.If you haven't, add 1757; 2407

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born; 416

You should have a three digit number

4 was the # I started with, but I'm 17 :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2009, 12:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 13ecca View Post
    It's not worked for me...

like to go out to eat; I picked 4

2. Multiply this number by 2; 8

3. Add 5; 13

4. Multiply it by 50; 650

5.If you haven't, add 1757; 2407

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born; 416

You should have a three digit number

4 was the # i started with, but i'm 17 :)

Well, as explained throughout the forum, it was last year when this was wrote, so you would add 1758 or 1759 to make the difference. Since you haven't, you would add 1758 now. Which equalls 2408. If you subtract 1991(the year you were born) from 2408 and you would come up with 417.
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Mar 3, 2009, 09:38 PM

its all actually preaty easy to do and there are a lot of these out their, what's not well known is that they don't work 100% of the time :) for instance my age.

I pick 2 for going out, multiplied by 2 is 4, add 5 is 9 times 50 is 450 already had my birthday this year so add 1758 minus birth year(1985) and I get 223. Now then for anyone else that can do math that makes me 24... not 23. Even using the other number won't make it come out right as it(1757) as it will come out one lower than it.

also funny thing is I was going to post that top part before I had even done the math thing as I've seen this trick before. Freaky to have proof right away though lol.

yeah noticed to late, my fault :P

but anyway if I'm not mistaken(dont feel like running the research) in most of these types of problems there is actually a few variables that if put in(ie age) will come out to a wrong answer. Learned about it years and years ago in school, we all came up with the right answer for the problem, then the teacher showed us some exceptions. My bad for not noticing the date it was posted though
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 06:29 AM

Ok, You are about the 5th person that has said it doesn't work. If you look right above your post you will see my post explaining to someone else why your age didn't work. This post was from last year, so you would use 1759 instead. So, It does work, You can look back and see where This has been explained several times throughout this post

Mar 4, 2009, 07:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Ok, You are about the 5th person that has said it doesn't work. If you look right above your post you will see my post explaining to someone else why your age didn't work. This post was from last year, so you would use 1759 instead. So, It does work, You can look back and see where This has been explained several times throughout this post
    And I believe I was the first person this was explained too! Lol:rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Mar 4, 2009, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KARIEMELIA View Post
    And I believe I was the first person this was explained too! lol:rolleyes:
    Well, I wouldn't have know better if I didn't read through it and see that you had it explained to you. But you had a reason and that was because you didn't know, and it wasn't explained a million times either. Lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To take math or not to take math? Warning:long [ 7 Answers ]

Hey I need some advice. I'm currently a high school junior, and I am HOPELESS at mathematics. I've always managed to scrape by with 65s, and trust me its not lack of effort, I try really hard. All my other grades are over 90s, with the exception of sciences which are in the high 80s. Last year I...

I need math skills on this math problems [ 6 Answers ]

81 divided by 3726.83 divided by 3158

The Restaurant [ 2 Answers ]

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple's house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen. The two gentlemen were talking, and one said, 'Last night we went out to a new restaurant and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.' The other man...

One restaurant to two, what to do? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a sole propietership business, no employees, me and my wife only. We are going to rent the kitchen of a nightclub/bar, we are also going into partnership with someone to buy current pizza shop and change over to our pizza food and name. What do I need to do license wise and tax wise. We...

Restaurant Name [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to open a take-out/delivery type of steakhouse and I've come up with the name Bully's. And have a bull as the logo that looks like a bully. But someone told me that that sends the wrong message,can anyone please help. I would really appreciate as many replies to this as possible as like a...

View more questions Search