Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    orbit9 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Oil painting identification
    Need help in identifying artist's signature on an oil painting. The signature looks like Chl.iebert I can not upload jpeg because of size limitations. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Hi Jeff. If you have a photo editing program, it might be good if you could bring this image up in that program, crop just the area of the signature but before you close it out, be sure to go to File and Save AS... name it the name of the painting but add cropped. This will save it as a new image and the original will be intact. Also when you are in the program and have the cropped image up, go to Edit or Image and left click on Resize. Be sure you click on Pixels then which ever is the largest, width or height, put in anywhere from 750 or 650 or 450 pixels. The other will change automatically and save image as cropped and resized. Chose Go Advanced when you want to post image and it will allow you to browse, chose the image, upload then post. I will be anxious to see if we can read the signature. Best to you. Hope this helped. :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2008, 12:16 AM
    It would be helpful to be able to see the image of the signature here. I'm sure that jrebel7 can guide you through the process of how to do that.

Mar 14, 2008, 06:10 AM
    Photo attached- I think
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf signature.pdf (51.2 KB, 269 views)

Mar 14, 2008, 07:30 AM
    Another photo
    Attached Images
  3. File Type: pdf smallsig.pdf (62.8 KB, 247 views)
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 03:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orbit9
    another photo
    The following link is the best I could do for now. Not much information. I had to be gone all day so just got back home. I will try to find more information for you this evening later. I hope this helps. I am not sure this is correct but the name matches in that it is Charles Iebert. Best to you! :)

http://www.askart.com/AskART/artists...rtist=11041776
    Ultra Member

Mar 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by orbit9
    another photo
    The following link is the best I could do for now. Not much information. I had to be gone all day so just got back home. I will try to find more information for you this evening later. I hope this helps. I am not sure this is correct but the name matches in that it is Charles Iebert. Best to you! :)

http://www.askart.com/AskART/artists...rtist=11041776

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Painting [ 4 Answers ]

I Have an oil painting and can't read the bottom of the name of the artist. It depicts a man sitting at a table praying with glasses on his bible and a apple,bread I think and a bowl of soup. Does anyone know what this painting may be of or who could I ask to give me a value, if it has one.

Painting Identification [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to identify the painting I'm sending as an attachement. I gess that is an oil by a french painter of the beginning of the 20th century who may have bee close to the Nabis or more probably to the Fauves, but I'm not sure. Thanks in advance Rebalthus

Oil Painting [ 4 Answers ]

I think I may have a oil painting by Prof AA Wendenhal how would I verify this , I live in Canterbury Kent. I have looked him up on the internet and the signature and type of painting looks similar

Oil Painting Identification [ 10 Answers ]

I have an oil painting which I am attaching to my post here. Can you identify it and also the name of the artist? Thank you.

Framing an oil painting [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have an oil painting cut up in nine pieces meant to Be put on the wall with an inch gap between each Piece.Each piece is meant to be projected from the Wall.My problem is that I have not left gaps on the Sides of each piece for stretching over wooden Frames.And I donot want each...

View more questions Search