Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DJC Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 01:19 PM
    Judgement
    My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new city did I find out I had such a black mark against me. My wife at the time was responsible for all the bills, and obviously did a poor job with them, while I was overseas. She ignored the letters from the creditor and lawyers to appear in court (never mentioning to me this is happening), so by default they won the case. She has since agreed to payment terms and is current in her re-payment schedule. My question is is there any way to have this mark removed from my credit if I were to take this back to court? I had no knowledge of this happening, I was never contacted directly. Due to this judgement I can't get certain jobs (ie. Police department or sheriffs office). I have to find a way to get this off my credit. What are my options? I am prepared to consult an attorney, but honestly don't know where to start. Please any advise would be great!
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Feb 1, 2006, 02:25 PM
    Please see your other posting with answers from other members https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/showthread.php?t=19403 and welcome to the forum. You only need to post once under the subject you request an answer to.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new city did I find out I had such a black mark against me. My wife at the time was responsible for all the bills, and obviously did a poor job with them, while I was overseas. She ignored the letters from the creditor and lawyers to appear in court (never mentioning to me this is happening), so by default they won the case. She has since agreed to payment terms and is current in her re-payment schedule. My question is is there any way to have this mark removed from my credit if I were to take this back to court? I had no knowledge of this happening, I was never contacted directly. Due to this judgement I can't get certain jobs (ie. police department or sheriffs office). I have to find a way to get this off my credit. What are my options? I am prepared to consult an attorney, but honestly dont know where to start. Please any advise would be great!
    First believe me, some bad credit will not stop you getting hired at most police departments, show me a police department and I will show you about 1/4 that have had judgements, garnishments and/or bankruptcy in their background

But you need to write to the credit bureu and ask that it be removed, explain this is your ex wife, payments have been arranged and so on. Also write to the creditor and ask them to remove it ( just in case the credit bureu will not do it)

Then in the end if none of them will remove it, since it was a debt at the time you were married, and you would be considered liable as her husband.
    Then you can have a note attached to your credit report explaining what this is.

If you are ex military and been in Iraq, that will cover up a list of small errors trying to get hired by the police departments. You will hear a lot of people claiming you can't get hired for this reason or that. I have been there and know at least in all the places I have talked to, it is not the case.

And of course thank you for your service to our county.
    Martha Jimenez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC
    My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new city did I find out I had such a black mark against me. My wife at the time was responsible for all the bills, and obviously did a poor job with them, while I was overseas. She ignored the letters from the creditor and lawyers to appear in court (never mentioning to me this is happening), so by default they won the case. She has since agreed to payment terms and is current in her re-payment schedule. My question is is there any way to have this mark removed from my credit if I were to take this back to court? I had no knowledge of this happening, I was never contacted directly. Due to this judgement I can't get certain jobs (ie. police department or sheriffs office). I have to find a way to get this off my credit. What are my options? I am prepared to consult an attorney, but honestly dont know where to start. Please any advise would be great!
    If you have all of the necessary documentations that you were deployed in Iraq then there is proof that you were never served. So by law they have to serve you documents of in which they haven't because you were serving our country. If you would like for more information on how we can help please e-mail me [email protected] you can also call me at 5122287649. Our web site is Credit repair, Austin, TX, where we obtain credit score improvement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Summary Judgement [ 7 Answers ]

How much time do we have to respond to motion for summary Judgement?

Judgement for vehicle [ 2 Answers ]

Three years ago I had bad credit and brought a cadillac for 14500 with the interest it was 18500. I paid 4000 down and 600 a month for 10 months but the car kept breaking down so the car repair fees was expensive. I fell behind on paying the car and I was sued for 9700. After the judgement I paid...

Judgement and Satisfaction [ 3 Answers ]

My son recently had his checking account garnished as the result of a judgement. He has since contacted a lawyer, has settled and received a satisfaction piece. Where does he go from here? Does he have to notify his bank, credit agencies, others? If so, how does he do it? Thanks, Joe

Judgement [ 6 Answers ]

My question is about a judgement that was posted to my credit report. I am in the military and was deployed to Iraq when the judgement was brought to court. It is for a surgery that my now ex-wife had several years ago. I got divorced last year, and not until I went to purchase a house in a new...

Judgement against me.. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am hoping to receive some advice on how to handle what I feel is in correct judgement that was placed against me on my credit report. My mother passed away in 2001. She had no money in her estate to cover past bills. I received collections letters from her mortgage company in her...

View more questions Search