Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MOMKNOWWHAT Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 01:03 PM
    Gound Moles YIKES
    I have a GREAT BIG Mole problem. They are invading my yard at a very fast rate. It seems every morning I look outside they have built another condo.
    I have been reading different ideas... But really WHAT works... Human urine.. doggie poo... Murphy oil soap, hot peppers... Yikes... I don't want to kill my kids, cat, or dogs. I also don't want to take out a second mortgage just to evict these rodents. I would also like to be able to still use the ground.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 01:21 PM
    Many home remedies are talked about out there on the net, but the reputable sites mostly confirm that results are inconsistent and generally ineffective... and that trapping is the way to go.

For more, see
    http://ohioline.osu.edu/w-fact/0011.html
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 02:29 PM
    I have kept them out of my yard with a trap for years. For me, it is more like a pair wonders in early in the summer. I mess around and eventually get them both. You try to pick up the active, main tunnel. Set the trap somewhere along it. Stomp them all down. Come back the next day and move the trap if where it was wasn't pushed up. Stomp them all down again. Eventually, you go out one day and a tunnel goes up to the trap and stops.

Not sure the traps would be good around little kids. You may need to look at them. The points should be down in the ground.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2006, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MOMKNOWWHAT
    I have a GREAT BIG Mole problem. They are invading my yard at a very fast rate. It seems every morning I look outside they have built another condo.
    I have been reading different ideas...But really WHAT works...Human urine ..doggie poo...Murphy oil soap, hot peppers....Yikes... I don't want to kill my kids, cat, or dogs. I also don't want to take out a second mortage just to evict these rodents. I would also like to be able to still use the ground.

Used Kitty Litter, they hate the stuff.

Granddad used to go out at sun up , see them digging in the yard and WACK with a hoe and would get them almost every time.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2006, 11:23 AM
    Did you hear about the two moles that were coming up out of their hole early one morning? The first one said,"I smell pancakes!" The second one said, after running into the first one, "I smell moleasses!":eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Moles on face [ 3 Answers ]

I have thick moles on my face.. they are getting enlarged. Earlier they were like small dot. Now they are increasing in colour and size. Please suggest some thng how can I get rid of that. These moles make me feel low in front of any one. Thanks prabhjot

Yard Moles [ 6 Answers ]

I have a BIG problem with yard moles. I would like to have any advise. I cannot afford all the "stuff" like stakes and traps. I was wondering if anyone has any "home remendies" to get rid of these. My neighbor also has them very mad. Sue

Chemistry moles and mass question [ 3 Answers ]

this problem is kicking my butt cause we have multiple choice and I can't seem to get any of the posted answers... please help! A 0.0100-mol sample of urea, NH2CONH2, contains 4.82 x 1022 atoms. 4.82 x 1024 atoms. 6.02 x 1022 molecules. 4.82 x 1023 atoms. 6.02 x...

Yikes! A/C comes on; No heat (no green wire either) [ 3 Answers ]

I'm replacing an older Honeywell thermostat with a new programmable Noma/UPM model THM501. There are 4 wires - red, yellow, white and blue. On the Honeywell the blue wire was on the "G" terminal - all worked well. I wired up the new one the same way. However, although the new thermostat shows the...

Moles [ 1 Answers ]

If 2.0 moles of nitroglycerin explodes, what is the total number of moles of gaseous products produced? 4 C3H5N3O9(l) --> 12 CO9g) + 10 H2O(g) + 6 N2(g) + O2(g) How many moles of Al(l) are produced if 4.5 moles of Al2O3(s) reacts? How many moles of C(s) are necessary to produce 3.2 moles of...

View more questions Search