Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedhelpfast Posts: 101, Reputation: 7

Mar 12, 2008, 09:50 PM
    The elect
    To me it is pretty clear that God chose people for salvation, before that person even accepted Him... do you believe that or something different and why
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 03:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelpfast
    to me it is pretty clear that God chose people for salvation, before that person even accepted Him....do you believe that or something different and why
    Hmmmmm : if that is true I can not be blamed for not believing in God. He has not chosen for my salvation. What a pity that I neither believe in God, Heaven, or Hell.
    Seems that I now miss out both ways !

:)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedhelpfast
    to me it is pretty clear that God chose people for salvation, before that person even accepted Him....do you believe that or something different and why
    With the exceptions of a few people in the bible who had specific duties cast upon them, why do you feel it is clear that God chooses the people for salvation, and it is not a personal choice of freewill.
    Galveston1 Posts: 362, Reputation: 53

Mar 16, 2008, 01:49 PM
    I do not believe that extreme Calvinism can be substantiated by scripture. The only pre-destination that applies to us is:

Eph 1:3-5
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    (KJV)

Eph 1:11
    11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
    (KJV)

These words were written to the saints at Ephesus, and tell us what God intends for all those who accept Christ. Believers are predestined to become like Christ.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Since the framers of the Constitution felt the people were too illiterate to elect a? [ 2 Answers ]

Since the framers of the Constitution felt the people were too illiterate to elect a? Presidential college Electoral college Election college

Converting dryer from gas to elect. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to convert my gas dryer to electric or do I have to buy a new dryer?

Kenmore elect. Dryer runs but does not heat [ 1 Answers ]

Approximately 130V between each of the element terminals and ground, replaced element but no heat. Other checks; new high limit t'stat, operating t'stat shows 7 ohms, element shows 10ohms. Can trace voltage all the way to the element and the element is new. Out of ideas, need help.

1994 chev truck elect problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a truck that the volt gauge flickers when it is started. The alternator was repalced twice and two different batteries. Also th whole grounding system was gone through. Now even the wipers work after the truck has been running for awhile not right away and when they start each time the brake...

View more questions Search