Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Mar 12, 2008, 09:10 PM
    Do criminal charges carry over when you become a citizen of a foreign country?
    I'm sure it depends on which country but I'm not for sure. So, yeah, do criminal charges on your permanent record follow you when you gain citizenship in a different country?
    Also, how would one go about moving and gaining citizenship in a different country?(make sure to consider the charges when you answer) Any help will be great. THanks!
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Yes, all charges will follow you, they are not erased because you gain or lose citizenship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Baby Fathered in foreign country from US citizen? How to proceed? [ 8 Answers ]

Ok I have a friend that I am trying to help and I want to ask if anyone know what she should do. The situations is that she had a relationship with a basketball player in Bulgaria(Eastern Europe) while he was living there temporary. He got her pregnant and he left her alone after all. So now he is...

Criminal charges against tenant [ 1 Answers ]

If I file criminal charges against my tenant for destruction of property what would happen to them? Jail? (which I doubt) could I use this as leverage against them by telling them I would press charges if the property is not repaired? Or would this be against the law? I only want my property fixed...

Criminal Charges [ 2 Answers ]

I recently found out that a family member had multiple felony charges brought against them. They claimed they were not aware. Is it possible to be arrested and charged with 8 charges and NOT know? Charges stem from burglary, receiving stolen property, possession of illegal substance, manufacture...

Criminal Charges with Confusion [ 16 Answers ]

Hello MY daughter worked for a grocery retailer as a cahier for over a year. She recently was arrested for stealing money from her register. :( The amount was over $1000.00. She was using a supervisors code for returns that the supervisor gave her during a really busy day. The supervisor is...

US citizen working in foreign country and 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

For a US citizen working as a contractor in foreign country for a US company, does he/she needs a 1099 from the US company? Amount is over $600.

View more questions Search