Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eigenheerc Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 11:13 AM
    Solid pvc connection
    I think normally a 3" tee has about an inch and a quarter depth to join with the actual pipe, how much of that would be the minimum I can get away with and still have a good bond?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2006, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eigenheerc
    I think normally a 3" tee has about an inch and a quarter depth to join with the actual pipe, how much of that would be the minimum I can get away with and still have a good bond?
    It's not so much what you are asking but why you would be asking it. I can't figure out any possible reason that you would wish to know.
    To answer your question all PVC hubs are tapered. For a solid connection both hub and pipe MUST be primed, glued and the pipe inserted until it seats.
    Regards, tom
    eigenheerc Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 01:32 PM
    The main horizontal 3" sewer line that goes out to the septic system is about 6" below the basement concrete which will not give me enough height to have a cleanout (already existing wye at a 45 degree angle) and a vertical tee into which I want to tie the toilet. What other options do I have?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 1, 2006, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by eigenheerc
    The main horizontal 3" sewer line that goes out to the septic system is about 6" below the basement concrete which will not give me enough height to have a cleanout (already existing wye at a 45 degree angle) and a vertical tee into which I want to tie the toilet. What other options do i have?

I don't really understand just what it is you're trying to do and why you asked your original question. Are you attempting to connect the toilet back to the cleanout in some way? Where would the vertical tee go? If you're attempting to get by without breaking up cement and cutting in a fitting to pick up the toilet I can't see any way it will work. Were you thinking of building a platform for the toilet? Please explain with more details. Regards, tom
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Feb 1, 2006, 08:54 PM
    Sometimes a sledgehammer is the only way... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New LAN connection [ 3 Answers ]

How would i be able to create a lan between my desktop and laptop, Please anybody help me Too urgent.

First Solid Food; Just for fun [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, Just for fun. According to the Montel Show, TV,: What is the first solid food most commonly given to children in the United States? I was surprised! Do you know?

Solid surface repair [ 1 Answers ]

I have an Avonite top with a chip, 1/4" wide by 1/6" deep. I have the old > sink cut out for repair material and bought a new tube of the original > epoxy. Ideally, I am tiring to find a 3/8" tapered bit with a MATCHING > 3/8" tapered plug cutter. Is there such a thing out there? Where can I...

Solid Peer [ 7 Answers ]

I am new to this site so I hope Iv'e clicked on to the right section, my problem every time I go on the net I am plagued by this pop up "Solid Peer" how do I stop it invading my computer? Thanks Nev Grant

View more questions Search