Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drbuddylee Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Cd and dvd drive
    MY cd drive and dvd drive does not work and when I went to mycomputer it shows two cd drives but not my dvd drive but I only have one cd drive and when I put a cd in the drive it does not detect my cd
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Depenging on the age of the drive it could possibly have just gone kaput. They are not made to last very long and are rather delicate. Do you have a habit of literally pushing the door closed? Or do you use the close button instead? I used to run through drives until I learned to treat them with the utmost care and to use the button to load the cd or close the door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't run dvd movies on my dvd drive D: [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot run dvd on my d: drive it is a dvd/cd writer. It used to work fine.

DVD drive will not read a DVD-R 8x disk [ 2 Answers ]

My DVD will not read a DVD-R 8x data disk. I have installed software from this drive - this morning and read other CDs from the drive. The computer is recognizing the drive and when I click on the drive to display the contents, nothing comes up. Other people can read the disk on there computers....

No dvd rom and dvd ram drive [ 5 Answers ]

My xp does not detect any dvd rom and dvd ram drive It doesn't show any icon in my computer While booting it shows ATAPI incompactible I tried to connect only master drive but doesn't work

DVD drive [ 1 Answers ]

I bought the video game Runaway - The Dream of the Turtle. It's a DVD and it installed fine, but when I try to open the game to play it, a message pops up telling me to "Please Insert the original CD/DVD of Runaway 2" when the disc is already in there. I have a Compaq Presario S6300 NX...

DVD Drive [ 6 Answers ]

Earlier I had a DVD-ROM drive ,I bought a Sony 52/24/52 Cd Writer and replaced the DVD with it making it the master drive now when I try to install the DVD as slave drive it gives me some error during boot about PCI which I think might have something to do with the audio cable from the DVD to the...

View more questions Search