Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bigtee321 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 10:55 AM
    "landlord missing in action" Delaware county,PA
    I been living in a section 8 rented home for 3 years now, and my landlord has not been seen in a month. The last time I seen and spoken with him was dec. 30, he collected the rent and was going to fix my stove, he told me he will be back after the holidays. My landlord is always on time picking up the rent and he always does repairs. Now my roof is leaking through a ceiling fan in one of the bedrooms which is a fire hazard. I called section 8 and they offer no help at all, they are looking for him themselves. But told me to call the township to have them come out to inspect the leak. Which isn't going to fix it. I'm trying to find out what are my options. I ask section 8 if I could put the rent money in a escrow acct. they said that's illegal. Or can I use the money to fix the roof to repair the leak? My 2 children have to sleep in that room . Help please!! :confused: :mad:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2006, 12:39 PM
    You were not told right by the person at section 8.

See the PA Tenant Rights:

"Rent Withholding may be undertaken only by authority of the Health Department. It may be authorized if the landlord is not responding to Health Department requests and the problems are significant. If authorized, the tenant will be given instructions to establish an escrow account in a local bank into which all rent payments and fees must be paid exactly as specified by the lease. If, after six months the problems have not be corrected, the Department will authorize payment of the money to the tenant and the lease will be voided. If the landlord makes the repairs within six months, he will be authorized to withdraw the deposited rent."

I'd definitely give the County Health Dept a call.
    noreenvilla Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Who's responsibility is it in Massachusetts, landlord or tenants to remove snow in the driveway if there is no lease. We are renting a 2 family house.

Dec 21, 2007, 01:44 PM
    Who is responsible for snow removal in a driveway in Massachusetts for a rental of a 2 family home when there is no lease.

Dec 21, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Who is responsible for snow removal in a driveway in Massachusetts for a rental of a 2 family house when there is no lease. Thanks.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jan 22, 2008, 09:51 AM
    Who is responsible for you posting the same thing three times in the wrong place?

Water leaking in through a ceiling fan is usually caused by clogged gutters. Water pools in the roof and eventually works its way in through whatever holes are available.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Who did this song: from the 80's, probably called "typical" or "that's typical" [ 2 Answers ]

Some lyrics as I hear them: Windowsill, my elbow's numb As I heard the door go and saw your car As it glides onto the road Double wasted dumbness Sodding off and I can't hear you go And that's typical There you sit in the driving seat

"missing" printer port [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot explain it, but my printer port has disappeared and so I cannot get my printer to work. My printer is canon BCJ 210 and my O S is Win98se. I had not used my printer for some months and when I wanted to do some work, I could not porint anything. The printer is working o.k as a...

View more questions Search