Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    akatsuke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 02:57 PM
    Is LASIK painful?
    After a successful LASik surgery many of my colleagues kept on asking me about “is LAsik painful?” and I always told them that its not, a bite of an ant is more painful than LASik. Anyway, I want to share to everyone here who are planning to have the same procedure but skeptical about the pain, I will tell you that its NOT painful, because you will receive anesthetic eye drops prior to your LASIK treatment which should prevent from feeling any discomfort, though some people do experience a slight sensation of pressure on their eyes during the procedure. Once you return home after LASIK, it is normal for some patients to experience mild discomfort, watery eyes, light sensitivity or blurry vision. These symptoms are usually temporary and treatable with over the counter medication, such as Tylenol. Ohh BTW I'm just wondering if this can help to everyone about the procedure Lasik-1 .
    I also read that before I undergo lasik surgery. Hope it helps you folks.

1. I save up to $1,350 with the 20/20 Freedom Special
    2. “See For Free” Plan” 12 months no payment, no interest to help finance your new 20/20 vision.
    3. A free VIP Lasik-1 Evaluation (250 value).
    4. $600 credit towards your LASIK treatment.2 4. Five years of annual Lasik-1 follow-up exams ($500 value)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Mar 22, 2008, 01:08 PM
    LASIK is not painful because you are numbed. The after pain can vary from NO pain whatsoever to not being able to open your eyes because of the stinging sensation. It depends on what exact procedure you have.

And all of those links won't help everyone, those are specific to one city and just a few clinics. Most clinics have financing plans.
    Megan285 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by akatsuke
    After a successful LASik surgery many of my colleagues kept on asking me about “is LAsik painful?” and I always told them that its not, a bite of an ant is more painful than LASik. Anyway, I want to share to everyone here who are planning to have the same procedure but skeptical about the pain, I will tell you that its NOT painful, because you will receive anesthetic eye drops prior to your LASIK treatment which should prevent from feeling any discomfort, though some people do experience a slight sensation of pressure on their eyes during the procedure. Once you return home after LASIK, it is normal for some patients to experience mild discomfort, watery eyes, light sensitivity or blurry vision. These symptoms are usually temporary and treatable with over the counter medication, such as Tylenol. Ohh BTW im just wondering if this can help to everyone about the procedure Lasik-1 .
    I also read that before I undergo lasik surgery. Hope it helps you folks.

1. I save up to $1,350 with the 20/20 Freedom Special
    2. “See For Free” Plan” 12 months no payment, no interest to help finance your new 20/20 vision.
    3. A free VIP Lasik-1 Evaluation (250 value).
    4. $600 credit towards your LASIK treatment.2 4. Five years of annual Lasik-1 follow-up exams ($500 value)
    I don't think it is but other people mite
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
    No, you are numb during the procedure. Some people may experience discomfort after the procedure. But the surgery itself is not painful.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:49 PM
    The procedure itself if painless. I had lasik 5 weeks ago, my cornea was to soft for the Zyoptec surgery, I had to have PRK. For 5 days after the surgery I wanted to rip my eyeball out of my skull, seriously the pain was horrible, thank god for the numbing drops otherwise I don't know what I would have done. Was it worth it? You betcha, 5 weeks later and I have 20/20 vision, it's great, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:53 PM
    PRK is also used for people whose corneas are too thin.. I've never heard it for too soft. Are you sure they didn't say too thin? And PRK tends to be a little more uncomfortable than LASIK because you are removing a layer of the cornea instead of cutting it, lifting, and replacing.
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:56 PM
    It might have been to thin, I could have sworn they said to soft but I was a bit nervous at the time. I thought I'd be getting the Zyoptek, I wasn't told that I didn't qualify until 5 minutes before the surgery, in fact I already had my hair net on and the drops put in my eyes. All in all the pain was worth it though, I'm so happy that I did it.
    Vision Expert

May 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Yeah, that's because they had just put your calculations into the laser and the laser rejected the numbers...

I've had patients laying under the laser and were told they had to have a different surgery. It's not pleasant. It makes the patient more nervous.
    Pets Expert

May 1, 2008, 06:02 PM
    You can say that again, I actually cried. I rejected the PRK option at first because I was told the healing time was longer and more painful, to find out that PRK was my only option was a big shock. I understand why though, and like I said, I'm glad that I did it, I almost didn't.

Just let me add, if I can do it anyone can. I hate having my eyes touched, I couldn't wear contact lenses because I couldn't put them in to my eye. If I can do lasik then anyone can, honestly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lasik Eye Surgery [ 20 Answers ]

Hey :) So I was thinking about getting Lasik Eye Surgery this why I don't have to wear glasses. I am a little bit skeptical about the procedure though. IF you have had it How is the surgery preformed? How long is it for each eye?

What do you know about lasik? [ 9 Answers ]

I am doing a marketing/ad campaign for a new form of Lasik Eye Surgery. For those of you who want it done but have fears, what are your fears? And for those who have had it done, what were your experiences with the whole procedure, days leading up to it, deciding factors, etc. Thanks everyone!

Deteriorating lasik [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had lasik surgery in the year 2000 and I learned that it starts deteriorating after 10 years.now is 2007 and I'm noticing the difference to the point that I'm starting to have headaches.my question is since 2000 there most have been more improvements in this procedures is there now a...

Lasik surgery? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'd like to get in to lasik and I need a part-time internship... any suggestions?

Origin Of Lasik Surgery? [ 2 Answers ]

Where was Lasik surgery invented/developed?

View more questions Search