Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    takashinho Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 10:47 AM
    What is ccs
    Well I'm planning to buy a motorcycle this summer. The one I'm purchasing is a suzuki boulevard M50. I researched it and it is supposed to have 815 cc. what does this mean? Is it like horse power or something of that sort? How much do you know about this motorcycle? Would you recommend it?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 1, 2006, 11:03 AM
    A cc is a cubic centimeter and it refers to the size of the engine. In the motorcycle you're asking about, the engine size is 815 cubic centimeters. It has some effect on horsepower but other motorcycles that use a different type of engine may have more horsepower from less cc's. A comparison would be a Harley Davidson. A new Harley has 1450 cc's but less horsepower than other brands of motorcycles with less cc's because of the style of the engine.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about the particular motorcycle you've asked about. But one of the best ways to pick out a bike is to go to different dealers and take test rides. Go to the manufacturers' websites and research the specs for the bikes that interest you.

Do you already know how to ride? If not, and if you are in the US, consider taking a course offered by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Go to http://www.msf-usa.org to check it out. It will teach you all of the basics of riding and in some states you will be able to get your motorcycle license at the conclusion of the course if you pass the test. The course is usually one or two weekends and combines classroom work with riding. It's the best, safest way to learn.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search