Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tljohn521 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 01:16 PM
    Kitchen Sink
    I recently lost pressure in my kitchen sink, and when you turn off the faucet it lets out slowly until it stops completely. Any suggestions?:confused:
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Brand name of the valve? One handle or two knobs? How old? Have you removed the aerates from the spout and checked and cleaned the screens? We need more details before we can answer. Regards, Tom
    tljohn521 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 02:36 PM
    Tom, it's a Delta and 1 handle. No I have not tried removing the aerates from the spout, but will this afternoon. I should mention the spout can be used as a sprayer as well.
    royals91 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2008, 08:14 PM
    If that does not fix the problem then send me a line and I will help you and get you taken care off.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Tljohn... If clearing aerator does not work then check out this website. It is an exploded parts view of the most popular model of single handle delta kitchen sink faucet with spout sprayer

http://www.deltafaucet.com/media/Pro...2RevB_ba61.pdf

Here you want to shut water off at shutoffs under sink and then disassemble parts as at website until cartridge or seats and springs are removed. Then PULSE the water by turning shutoffs on/off for a second or two (cover faucet with towel) to clear water lines of debris/sediment and then reinstall parts as you removed them (pay attention to rotation/alignment of parts as you remove). Then try it out. Hopefully fixes (if not already fixed by aerator cleaning! ).

Anyway, just trying to help... good luck... Mark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Laundry Sink Overflows when using kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

Our Laundry Sink Overflows when using the kitchen sink.. with really nasty stuff flowing back out. As a result, sometimes when we're doing the laundry the water drains out very slowly, and we can never do the dishes and laundry at the same time. I'm worried that this may eventually become a...

Kitchen sink sprayer leaking from under sink [ 1 Answers ]

My kitchen sink sprayer is leaking from underneath my sink. We just replaced the spray head part. Could it be the hose or what else could it be? Thank you!

Kitchen Sink/Laundry Sink Drain Vent Non-exist [ 3 Answers ]

The set-up from kitchen sink leading down to drain to basement: 1. Kitchen sink - (R side) - connected to a P drain I think you call it -PVC-, connected to a "metal" T, which has a Studer vent gizmo attached to the top of it, then draining into a metal pipe straight down to the drain in the...

Kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

Why do I need "backflow" protectors ?

View more questions Search