Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    diamondinruff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Child support owed prior to completion of order
    My court divorce order states that my child received child support until age of 18 OR 19 if going to full time school. My daughter is now 18 and will be 19 in May, going to school full time. In February, her father stopped the child support payments. If he continues not to pay, he will have owed $2000 in back support when my daughter turns 19. Can I sue in Small Claims Court or have to go to family court to order my ex to pay?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 12, 2008, 07:47 AM
    You go to Family Court on this. Just tell them your husband is violating the court order for support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support owed by deceased parent [ 4 Answers ]

I am the custodial parent, my daughter is grown and her father just passed away in dec 2007. He owes back child support for several years, a little oevr 40,000.00, my daughter is grown and does not live with me any,ore and the father was having monies taken out of his check whenever the atty...

Contempt order about child support [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to get as much advise as possible because I don't know what to do. I had a contemp order against my ex-husband, because he wasn't paying his court ordered child support. The ruling on this was that we would drop the contempt order if he would pay every month, on time and in the full...

He wants to drop the child support order [ 21 Answers ]

:confused: Hi everyone, I'm new here and I have a question. My child's father took me to court after I got married and moved out of state. My child at the time was 4 and before he gave me some money ( very little) for my child over her 4 years. After this move he took me to court to legalize her...

No child support order in 14 years [ 14 Answers ]

I have been trying to get child support since my daughter was born 14 years ago, I have gone to court called the child support enforcment and they keep telling me it takes time, well her father was in the navy for 9 or 10 years and still they could not find him, they have his social security...

Trying to get child support order [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, I have been trying to get an order for child support since December 2006. I live in a different state then the father. Although I am receiving Public assistance and they say they are working on it, nothing at all has happened. I know the location of the father , but for some reason it is...

View more questions Search