Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muggrn Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Mar 12, 2008, 03:28 AM
    Is there a cream to promote / increase skin cell exfoliating in middle age (50) skin
    [F]Hi! My skin has really changed since I hit the big "50th birthday. It has become dryer, flakes, thick patches and seems like the dead skin cells don't slough off and just pack into my pores creating hard tiny bumps (sometimes dark color) below the surface and the skin thickens over. My guess is that I need some type of cream that encourages faster cell turnover or something. I have tried things like cleansers that have the little buffing grains but they don't seem to help and sometimes irritate my skin. Tried all the buff puffs, loofa type pads, the nylon puffy scrubbers but none really help. Moistures don't really help either. If anyone has any suggestions I sure would be grateful! Thank you, muggrn:confused:
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 06:43 AM
    I don't know much about skin conditions, except that most of them really bite.
    Have you tried getting an appointment with a dermatologist or a doctor? They probably see stuff like this more often than you think and can prescribe you a lotion or medication that will work.
    I heard once that there are new warning signs or risk factors of skin cancer (NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT IT IS) and that could be one of them... can't for the love of me think of the name though. So talk to your doctor and get it checked out, it's probably just age though and can be sorted out with a simple cream.

Hope it turns out all right!
    shermeetava Posts: 16, Reputation: 0
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Tretinoin is the best for skin turn over, they come in different brands and different strength, they are tough in the beginning but great
    what works better? - HealthBoards.com Message Boards
    Some prefer different brands, some like Renova better for wrinkles than Retin A or Stri-vectin, you have to ask your doctor
    Tretinoin topical - Yahoo! Health
    retin-a or strivecton???? - HealthBoards.com Message Boards
    Retin-A Wrinkle
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2008, 06:56 AM
    Besides any creams you use also try taking flaxseed oil
    Flax and the Skin
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 13, 2008, 06:24 PM
    As you get older, you will start to notice dry skin, patches, age spots, wrinkles and discolorations on your skin. You will need to use an exfoliant to increase skin cell turnover. Look for face creams containing retinol, glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acid. These ingredients will help stimulate healthy cell turnover and will help improve your skin's texture, tone and clarity.
    -

Mar 14, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Skin Care Myths and Misconceptions: Retinol vs Retin A
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 14, 2008, 08:16 AM
    Like I said, using creams containing retinol, glycolic acid or alpha hydroxy acid will help stimulate healthy cell turnover and improve your skin's appearance. Retinol creams can exfoliate dead skin cells and increase cell and collagen production. Alpha hydroxy acids (glycolic acids) are also great exfoliants. They can exfoliate dead skin cells from the outer layers of your skin and encourages cell turnover and new cell growth. Tretinion is another derivative of vitamin A that can alter skin cells. Tretinion is also good for controlling acne by unclogging the pores.
    -

Mar 14, 2008, 06:27 PM
    This article is helpful as well
    Anti Aging Important Skin Care Products
    apricot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 11:31 PM
    A few sessions of microdermabrasion will sort your skin out. The beauty clinic I go to applies a cream with a higher concentration of glycolic acid first then they do the microdermabrasion (diamond tip). After leaving the skin to recover for a few days, you use an exfoliant daily to remove dead skin cells. Your face will have new skin all the time.
    PristinePortia Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Mar 26, 2011, 04:13 AM
    Try Clinique's 7 day scrub.. use it daily for exfoliation.. you will see the difference in 4-6 weeks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which cream is better for lighter skin?papaya cream and soap or magic cream? [ 5 Answers ]

Which one it the best papaya soap and cream or magic cream?. How long does it take to see results when using papaya soap and or cream or both together?. How long dose it take to see results when using magic cream and or soap?. Or both together?. Please e-mail me and let me know thanks...

Skin Cream You Use [ 14 Answers ]

Sup, post the cream you use on your face, and body. Also if you shave post the cream you use ( I think shaving cream has something to do with how your skin feels, both face and legs.) Also post wheather you like them or not... I use kiehl's ultra facial moustrizer spf 15 on my face. Works...

View more questions Search