A drawing of mine.
    Name:  art class.GIF
Views: 581
Size:  120.0 KB

I have tried to attach a drawing of mine... has this worked?? :confused:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 10:57 PM
    Yes! It's a wonderful drawing! What medium did you use?
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Whoa! It worked! And thanks... it's in pastels and if you think you may have seen this image before, it's because I saw her picture in a calendar.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Good job posting the image! I know how confusing it can be when first figuring out how to post images on this site!
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 11:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aerolites
    Name:  art class.GIF
Views: 581
Size:  120.0 KB

I have tried to attach a drawing of mine... has this worked??? :confused:
    So glad to see your post with image. You did a fantastic job. I am anxious to see more of your work. Great job! :p The lips were especially amazing!
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Thanks for your comments, they're much appreciated. Here is another one, a bit different to the previous one. I tend to be hit and miss with my drawings, with plenty going into the bin, and would love to attend more classes.
    Attached Images

cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Mar 12, 2008, 06:25 PM
    Wow your stuff is amazing!
    Hmmmm can't wait till a new art thread pops up then you can join us on that one, we have a nice little community of artists on this website :)
    I wish I was that good with pastels, do you use square pastels or oil pastels?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 06:32 PM
    Wow, gorgeous stuff.

I use oils and charcoal. I'd love to take a course on Water colours, I've always liked the look of them.

I think your work is amazing, I envy anyone who can paint people and do them justice. Personally my work is mostly buildings and animals, especially wolves. Keep up the great work and show us more of your work.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Wow, gorgeous stuff.

I use oils and charcoal. I'd love to take a course on Water colours, I've always liked the look of them.

I think your work is amazing, I envy anyone who can paint people and do them justice. Personally my work is mostly buildings and animals, especially wolves. Keep up the great work and show us more of your work.
    I would love for you to post some of your buildings! Animals also but always interested in structures as they sometimes offer the most challenges for me.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 08:59 PM
    I love to use charcoal as well whereas I can't seem to control oil paints (mind you, that was 30 odd years ago ). Water colour paintings are lovely and soft, and shadows look otherworldly. Can you include some of your drawings somewhere? I looked at your profile but couldn't see any links to your work.
    Pets Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 10:05 PM
    I don't have any links. I'd have to get some batteries for my camera and take some pictures of my pictures, I'll do that some time this week and post a few of my pieces. I haven't been painting in the last few years. My father and I always painted together, he was a truly remarkable artist (in my opinion) when he passed away I just lost the desire. I have been wanting to get back into it, but I just don't know how to begin.

I also make tables and other wooden knickknacks. Not exactly art, but I do love it because it's creative.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 10:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    I don't have any links. I'd have to get some batteries for my camera and take some pictures of my pictures, I'll do that some time this week and post a few of my pieces. I haven't been painting in the last few years. My father and I always painted together, he was a truly remarkable artist (in my opinion) when he passed away I just lost the desire. I have been wanting to get back into it, but I just don't know how to begin.

I also make tables and other wooden knickknacks. Not exactly art, but I do love it because it's creative.
    I look forward to your images. I understand when you say you lost your desire to create. He would want you to feel the passion of painting again. Having just lost my dad some time back and still reeling at times in the emotions, I have had a difficult time getting motivated to do anything. Lots of time each evening spent at the Nursing Home with my Mother who has dementia.

I would love seeing images of your tables and other wooden knickknacks. There is a real art to working with a beautiful piece of wood. I don't possess that ability but I sure appreciate others ability in that area. I do consider it art. Art takes on many forms... anything in my opinion that allows you to express your passion, your creativity, or anything that touches another persons life, to me is art. :)

If it doesn't cause you too much emotional distress, I would also love to see some of your dad's work sometime.

"I have been wanting to get back into it, but I just don't know how to begin."

Perhaps the beginning for you will be here on this site, meeting new artist friends, viewing and sharing art. I am inspired by all the talent I see on the different art threads. I would love to be an encourager to you to begin again. I love the saying, "Every End Is A New Beginning"! Just hang here with us on the art threads. I think you will begin to feel that stirring in your heart to get back to your art, something you and your father loved together. Sometimes, the things that brought us the most joy with someone, brings us the most pain when they are gone. But in time, the sweet memories, instead of bringing tears, begin to bring smiles and then later, laughter as we think of the memories of our times with them. Best to you and I do look forward to seeing your images. I will be keeping a look out for them! :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 10:38 PM
    Looking forward to seeing your photos ~ and like jrebel7, understand how it feels to lose the urge to draw or paint. There seem to be creative phases that go hand-in-hand with what else is going on in our lives, especially when it has to do with loved one. I've only recently started drawing again -- the latest urge following my first serious doubts to do with a fairly new and important relationship in my life.

It's unusual to hear you say you painted with someone else... my current partner also draws and when we first met, I wondered if we could collaborate on something together. How did it work with you and your father?
    Pets Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 07:06 AM
    Jrebel and Aerolites - Thank you so much for your kind words. I will definitely upload some pictures as soon as I'm able to take some. My camera is a battery pig and I haven't any AA's laying around at the moment that have enough juice left to take a shot. I will definitely get around to it and post some of my work.

I would love to show you my dad's work, he was remarkable. The times that we spent painting together were some of my most wonderful memories, we had the best time.

My Dad started painting long before I was born, he worked mainly in oils but also in acrylic and water color, he had a God given talent. When I was young I loved to paint, my father always loved my drawings and encouraged me to develop it. When I was in my early twenties, before I left home, my mother found a local artist that was giving classes in her home. She did teach a few basic principles, but mostly it was a 3 hour period every week to go to her studio and paint. My father and I were "students" for 4 years, we loved it.

I will start painting again. Now I'm and old married woman (37) with two kids under 10 years old and a ton of pets, I honestly don't know when I'll find the time. Maybe I should look into taking a refresher course somewhere, just to get me started again.

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Andrea :)
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 13, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Great stuff aerolite! I wish I could work in color lol. (partly colorblind :( ) Can't wait to see more, and Alten would love to see yours and your fathers work!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 06:05 PM
    Thanks Delow84... and cute dog.. It's black and white, by the way :p . Have you ever tried using charcoal? Here's one of mine done in an art class with a model - and every time I look at it, I want to go back to it and fix a few things - especially the lips :o :)

I have another charcoal drawing of a woman that I'll have to scan and attach here sometime over the weekend.

What other drawings do you have? Should we continue this on your other thread - to keep it all together somehow? Sorry to be such a computer clutz at the moment...
    Attached Images

Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Hi Andrea, and fascinating to hear about your father nurturing your artistic abilities from when you were a small child. That's wonderful, and no wonder the memories and experience of drawing and painting makes you miss him so much.. Do you happen to have any drawings from this time? If it isn't too difficult, I'd love to see them.

And oh yeah, thanks... you just made me feel like the ancient mariner... lol

How many pets do you have? We have two cats... a himalayan persian and torty... the torty gave birth on my bed and let me pat her stomach throughout her labor... she purred the whole time and kept looking up at me adoringly. Her first kitten was born in my armpit... lol. This was last year, and although we kept her most beautiful offspring (a gorgeous torty with a hugely fluffy tail that made her look like a fox), she sadly went missing around 6 weeks ago. Our torty is now desexed, and so that beautiful era is over.
    Pets Expert

Mar 13, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Unfortunately I don't have drawings that can be scanned, the only way I'll be able to post my work or my fathers is by taking a picture. I will post some next week. Promise. I'd love to share my work with all of you, and my fathers, I love his art and it brings me comfort.

I'm sorry to hear that your kitty went missing. Don't give up hope. When I was young our cat went missing for 9 weeks, he showed up on our porch one day with a look on his face that said "What? I've been busy, were's my food?"

Right now I have a house full of furry babies. I rescue as many as I can from the local SPCA, here is the list, are you ready?

3 Rabbits, yes, 3, getting a fourth next month
    2 dogs, a 13 year old lab cross and a 7 year old Border Collie Cross
    1 Cockatiel, she's a sweetie
    1 Goldfish, 27 cents, 4 years, and still swimming.

I'd adopt more, but I'm running out of room and my friends think that I'm crazy for having the amount I already have. I love my fur babies. Maybe my first painting after 7 years should be one of my pets, that would make it easier.

Thanks again all for all the kind words and the encouragement, I feel better about painting again than I have in years.
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 13, 2008, 07:02 PM
    Love that picture aerolite! And no I've never tried charcoal... I don't know looks and feels to messy for me lol. I am the type to wash my hands when I just THINK they feel sticky. (thats the closest I come to monk lol)

It's up to you if you want to post in my thread, I don't mind other people posting there work there, as long as they post there work at all :) I like seeing everyone's stuff.

Altenweg I am looking forward to seeing some of yours and your fathers work!
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 08:46 PM
    Yeah, lol, don't attempt to draw in charcoal unless you own a ninja suit and are prepared to line your house with garbage bags.

That pup really is adorable... what's it's name? :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anime! Need help drawing it! [ 5 Answers ]

Can any one gimme a site that teaches you how to draw anime style? Nothing that makes you pay just sites that are for free? Sites that give you tutorials? Anything would be great thanks!:D

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

Drawing Horses [ 3 Answers ]

I know horses are hard to draw. I can draw the back neck belly and head fine, its just the legs. Can I have some tips on this?

Drawing Structures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I Draw the structure of the following compound. 3-(bromomethyl)-4-octanol

View more questions Search