Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Delow84 Posts: 309, Reputation: 45

Mar 14, 2008, 08:17 AM
    Her name is Cassie, she is great lol follows me everywhere. Got her shots and everything just recently. She wasn't happy about it but she was a trooper lol
    frangipanis Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 75
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2008, 12:37 AM
    If that's one of your rabbits altenweb, they're adorable.. And Cassie's a sweety. Our cats names are Bow and Arrow.

We should rename this thread pets corner :)

Anyone done any art this weekend. My daughter and I went looking at sofas today and couldn't get away from the massage chairs... blisss. I'm seriously thinking of getting one.

Mar 16, 2008, 04:08 PM
    Lol Bow and Arrow, nice. What breed?

Na I haven't had the chance to work on anything recently, but I am talking to this girl who is an artist to, maybe she will pose for some portraits :) I am really wanting to do another scratchboard.
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 03:25 PM
    Kept forgetting to forward my drawing to work where I know how to resize it, so here it is - a model from an art class.

Your scratchboard drawing is lovely and really effective ~ and it's the first I've heard of or seen a scratchboard drawing. Bow is a Himalayan Persian and Arrow's a torty. Bow's like a big adorable bear and is a bit ploddish. He's the protector, and Arrow's more agile and fast. She's gorgeous.

It's been ages since I've done any life drawing. My boyfriend did some drawings of his ex that he doesn't want me to see and I really don't want to know about --- so beware of future ramifications from drawing girlfriends :)

We were encouraged to do some self-portraits and Arrow walked over and left paw prints in the one I did of my bust. I shouldn't have been so hasty in fixing it, since the paw prints gave it something special... lol
    Attached Images

Mar 18, 2008, 08:57 PM
    Wow that is very nice, charcoal right? It looks great!

I know all about drawings of exs conflicting with current gfs lol. I had drawn a few of my ex before my most recent ex lol. Don't have those anymore lol. I could understand if they were nude drawings etc, but other then that to me art is art. (but then not everyone shares that opinion lol) and I could understand my next girlfriend not liking my last one as much lol.

My ferret did more or less the same to some of my drawings :( unfortunately there was not fixing them lol. Oh well.
    Your dogs sound great :) (bow sounds like my dads Golden Retriever) just the big lovable teddy bear lol. My Cassie is a Papillon if I didn't mention it before. The 'butterfly' dog. She is great lol and turns 12 weeks on the 25th, at which time I'm enrolling her in obedience and agility training. :)
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Mar 18, 2008, 09:22 PM
    Wow awesome artwork
    Can't wait to see more :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:37 PM
    Bow and Arrow are cats... LOL! :) You owned a ferret? That must have been a lot of fun. I've only known of one other person owning a ferret... they're sleek and look cheeky.

And yes, art is art, and women are women... and when the two are mixed, it makes for some interesting exchanges. Although I tend to prefer drawing portraits, I did enjoyed drawing nudes. The woman in the portrait done in charcoal posed nude, and I have some other drawings of her but they're too large to be scanned. I just tend to concentrate more on portraits (I MUST fix her eyes so they're both looking in the same direction!)

My art teacher's wife told us how on her first date with her husband he brought out a stack of nude drawings from under his bed to show her of women he'd drawn. What a first date to have had.. :eek:

Here is a link to my art teacher's drawings that are pretty awesome, I think:
    Nude Art Publishing

Papillon dogs are really really cute ~!
    Papillon Dogs | Papillon Puppy Pictures | Blue Agave Ranch, Benson Arizona
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2008, 09:51 PM
    Thanks cal823 --- is that your work on your avatar? Have you done sculpture installations? I've never tried to do sculpture (except for a couple of huge interlinking out-of-shape donuts made of white plaster in high school that took forever to make, and god only knows what happened to them), but would love to have a go at it some day.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Mar 19, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Yer that avi is one I did with pastels :)
    I haven't really done much sculpture, but I did do one out of polystyrene foam which my art teacher was very pleased with, but not really done any installations.
    I would advise you go for it, sculpture is pretty fun and always worth doing :)
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
    That's interesting... looks fun and interesting. Are all your drawings like that? It looks like sculpture...
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 02:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Unfortunately I don't have drawings that can be scanned, the only way I'll be able to post my work or my fathers is by taking a picture. I will post some next week. Promise. I'd love to share my work with all of you, and my fathers, I love his art and it brings me comfort.

I'm sorry to hear that your kitty went missing. Don't give up hope. When I was young our cat went missing for 9 weeks, he showed up on our porch one day with a look on his face that said "What? I've been busy, were's my food?"

Right now I have a house full of furry babies. I rescue as many as I can from the local SPCA, here is the list, are you ready?

3 Rabbits, yes, 3, getting a fourth next month
    2 dogs, a 13 year old lab cross and a 7 year old Border Collie Cross
    1 Cockatiel, she's a sweetie
    1 Goldfish, 27 cents, 4 years, and still swimming.

I'd adopt more, but I'm running out of room and my friends think that I'm crazy for having the amount I already have. I love my fur babies. Maybe my first painting after 7 years should be one of my pets, that would make it easier.

Thanks again all for all the kind words and the encouragement, I feel better about painting again than I have in years.
    I remembered you said our kitten could possibly return one day so I thought I'd let you know that I've seen a cat a couple of streets away that looks a lot like our missing kitten. I figure she would be old enough now to be exploring her neighbourhood, and why she is being seen around only lately ~ if it's her. It's a torty with a fluffy tale, like ours, only she is more solid looking and the markings are generally darker. However, she's probably been sprayed and I know our himalayan persian's colouring changed a lot as he got older. At least, I'm hoping it's her. I'd be glad if it is.

How's the new rabbit by the way ~ and did you happen to take the photo of your dad's paintings?
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

May 25, 2008, 03:44 AM
    That's such an awesome drawing in your first post Frangi! I tried to get into pastels a while back after using pencil for so long, but find it quite hard to work with. Keep up the great work. I'll upload one of my few pastel drawings some time for a laugh. :)
    Ultra Member

May 25, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Thanks for that mopar! Muchly appreciated.

I've had a look at your pencil drawings of your grandfather and samoy that are amazing for their fine detail and depth of feeling they convey. Seeing them is inspiration. Would love to see the pastel drawing you've done and any others you haven't yet posted :)
    Moparbyfar Posts: 262, Reputation: 49

May 25, 2008, 04:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by frangipanis
    Thanks for that mopar! Muchly appreciated.

I've had a look at your pencil drawings of your grandfather and samoy that are amazing for their fine detail and depth of feeling they convey. Seeing them is inspiration. Would love to see the pastel drawing you've done and any others you haven't yet posted :)
    ... So you're looking for a good laugh then? :p My career as an artist will be over if I post my pastels! :D Haha, stay tuned...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anime! Need help drawing it! [ 5 Answers ]

Can any one gimme a site that teaches you how to draw anime style? Nothing that makes you pay just sites that are for free? Sites that give you tutorials? Anything would be great thanks!:D

She's mine all mine, song [ 1 Answers ]

It kind of an upbeat rock song and I'm not sure who sings it. Those are the only words I know lol

Drawing Horses [ 3 Answers ]

I know horses are hard to draw. I can draw the back neck belly and head fine, its just the legs. Can I have some tips on this?

Drawing Structures [ 4 Answers ]

How do I Draw the structure of the following compound. 3-(bromomethyl)-4-octanol

View more questions Search