Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CypressCa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Pesty mosquitos
    We moved into our remodeled home a year ago, there are small mosquitos 14-7 , The neighbors do not have a pool, and I cannot locate any standing water. I must leave the back door open so our two dogs can have access to outdoors. What can I use to repel the mosquitos? Of course they love me at night but they are in every room of the house. I do not want to use toxic bug spray. All suggestions welcome.
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 04:34 AM
    You really don't have to leave the door open for the dogs on a constant basis. Why do they have to go in and out all the time ? My dog goes out when she tells me she has to otherwise she is in. It is senseless to suffer because of the dogs.

Install a dog door for your pooches and train them to use it.
    trudyg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2008, 05:26 AM
    Hang a fabric softner dryer sheet up some where they don't like the smell, or something nut it works.
    themouseman Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jul 10, 2008, 09:14 PM
    You have standing water in your subpump well adding bt to water will kill any larvae in water. Also treat all basement floor drains.

For outdoor treat all outdoor standing water in flower pots, vases, ponds, patio furniture weights with bt a natural non toxic product. Bacillus thuringiensis, BT, dipel, mosquitoes, safe pest control
    Patriarch Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 22, 2008, 01:37 AM
    You also might want to keep your lawn mowed. Mosquitos gravitate to high plant growth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search