Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    New Rider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 10:29 PM
    Western Saddle
    I have just started riding again... Western. When I am riding the saddle seems to be moving around so much that it makes me feel uncomfortable. When I put it on and tighten up the cinch it feels secure and after checking it again to make sure the horse didn't blow up her belly... it still feels tight but when I get on it always feels like it is slipping and I don't feel secure on it. What am I doing wrong?
    Ms_Kelci_Rogers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 11:08 PM
    I know that feelig! Try riding around and have someone watch you from behind to see if the saddle is actually slipping to one side or if it's just a feeling that you're having. If it's not slipping, try working on your balance. Sometimes it can seem like it's slipping, when your balance is off at all.

Good luck, and if that doesn't work, check the saddle's fit, balance and if you need a breast collar or a wider cinch.
    MOONandCHARM Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 03:59 PM
    You should try walking your horse a step when tighting it.Then try posting
    kitashea Posts: 25, Reputation: 2

Feb 7, 2012, 10:23 PM
    What kind of tree does your saddle have and what type horse is it paired to. My saddle fits fine on my qh who is wider and shorter at the whither but I always feel too loose on my racking horse as his withers are narrower and taller. They sell a wider wither pad on tack sites it you need it. If you can fit your hand under the front of the saddle or see it balancing in the wither you should try it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Aquapex with saddle valve? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I bought a fridge that has water dispensing unit and I want to plumb it in. I bought an install kit that came with small copper pipe as well as a saddle valve. I have 1/2 inch aquapex run throughout my house, I was wondering is the saddle valve...

Self piercing saddle valve [ 3 Answers ]

When installing a saddle valve should you pierce the water line in front or behind the water shut off?

Saddle Dance [ 1 Answers ]

There is this thing called the saddle dance every November and this year I got invited to it. The Saddle Club is a country club and the dance is supposed to be fun. This was the first year that I've ever been invited and I'm kind of freaking out. There are supposedly a lot of making out and...

English saddle [ 1 Answers ]

A month ago I perchased a used, leather, close contact, english saddle with leather stirrup leathers. I was wondering how much do you need to wash and or condition the saddle and stirrup leathers. I've heard some people say once a month and others say after every ride. Also, I've heard some people...

Saddle valve sizes [ 1 Answers ]

Does one size saddle valve fit 1/2 & 3/4 inch copper pipe? Can you replace a leaky saddle valve with a new one in same location?

View more questions Search