Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Donna Mae Posts: 55, Reputation: 14

Apr 22, 2008, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    There is no objective evidence to confirm that afterlife exists.
    And there is no objective evidence to confirm that afterlife does not exist.
    Gulam Junaidi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Creator is all merciful...
    As you sow so shall you reap...

If you are thirsty, you will go all the way out to quench your thirst.
    Similarly, if you want to know the truth... Search... Search...
    You will get the answer...
    He knows the best on whom the divine knowledge can be bestowed upon.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jun 6, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Hi everyone... I would like to submit this for everyone's thoughts:
    BIBLE STUDY MANUALS: SHEOL, GEHENNA, HADES AND THE AFTERLIFE - A BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVE
    BIBLE STUDY MANUALS: IMMORTALITY, EVERLASTING LIFE
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 8, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kajatamu
    There will be an eternal life after death. It depends on what you do in this world. All you do in this world is counted by GOD(Allah), and it will lead you to the hell or heaven.
    That is what you BELIEVE... But is it "true" ?

;)
    -

Jun 8, 2008, 08:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna Mae
    And there is no objective evidence to confirm that afterlife does not exist.
    I never stated that it does not exist. I stated that there is no evidence for it. How can anyone prove a negative claim anyway? But it is clear that you can neither provide objective evidence for the positive claim: that an afterlife exists... And that is much easier to prove than a negative claim...
    So you BELIEVE it exists. Fine with me... But is that "true"?

;)
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 10:28 PM
    I never stated that it does not exist. I stated that there is no evidence for it. How can anyone prove a negative claim anyway? But it is clear that you can neither provide objective evidence for the positive claim: that an afterlife exists ... And that is much easier to prove than a negative claim ...
    So you BELIEVE it exists. Fine with me ... But is that "true"?

;)
    Crede, until your death you will not know if an afterlife exists or not,but for us we believe and work towards it.
    Why does it matter if we are not able to prove to your satisfaction if there is or isn't an afterlife beyond death?

I almost know how you will answer... almost:)
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 03:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by firmbeliever
    Crede, until your death you will not know if an afterlife exists or not,but for us we believe and work towards it. Why does it matter if we are not able to prove to your satisfaction if there is or isnt an afterlife beyond death? I almost know how you will answer...almost:)
    Well than : here is my reply :

Like me, you just as well won't be able to really "know" that just as well. All you can do is BELIEVE that. Only problem with your version is that both of us after our death won't be capable of "knowing" anything, as one is dead by then. For me that does not change anything, but for you it seems to defeat the entire intention of the claim!

You BELIEVE there is an afterlife, and I see no reason what-so-ever to accept that claim. Fine for you if that claim helps you to go through life, but it is a claim. Not even a single iota of objective supporting evidence for that claim exists.

You do not have to prove for me anything, as long as you acknowledge that that is what you BELIEVE. If you claim it as "true", as reality, than I am entitled to ask you for objective supporting proof for whatever you claim, but can not support.

Why can't you just state that "you BELIEVE that there is an afterlife", or that "you BELIEVE that there is a God", etc.

The refusal to state that correctly seems to indicate that there is somewhere in your brain some doubt gnawing away at your own belief, and all you seem to do is trying to sooth that feeling with attacking my correct and on itself respectfull approach in this.

;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 04:17 AM

The refusal to state that correctly seems to indicate that there is somewhere in your brain some doubt gnawing away at your own belief, and all you seem to do is trying to sooth that feeling with attacking my correct and on itself respectfull approach in this.

;)
    Crede,
    I have never refused to use the word "believe" when I state my beliefs even though I believe them to be true :)

I am not sure what doubt you meant,but I have never doubted my faith.

And no I am not here to prove to you what I believe,I was just asking why you needed people to show proof of their beliefs,
    What does it matter even if they do not use the word believe,we believe our beliefs are true and what we follow is right because we believe it to be the truth.

If I did not believe my beliefs to be true I would not be following it,but would be rejecting the very idea of the faith I follow.

I am just stating my thoughts here and not to make you want to debate my claims of belief.
    I am not one to debate,as you must have already heard.:D
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Crede, I have never refused to use the word "believe" when I state my beliefs even though I believe them to be true :)
    That may be correct for you personally. The problem on this board is that people do make claims, but can not provide objective supporting evidence for their claims. And if I ask for that support they claim that I have no respect for their religion - which is surely not true.

I am not sure what doubt you meant,but I have never doubted my faith.
    By making claims that you can not support, and than query my reaction, you provide that perception.

And no I am not here to prove to you what I believe,I was just asking why you needed people to show proof of their beliefs
    You do not have to prove that what you believe. Nobody has. But you and others should be honest and fair, and state that you believe (what ever you claim), instead of suggesting it is an actual fact. Note that it is a claim. Your and every other religious belief !

... what does it matter even if they do not use the word believe, we believe our beliefs are true and what we follow is right because we believe it to be the truth.
    You can do that on the christianity board. But here on this board everybody's views have the equal validity. Here you have to be clear and correct in your wording. And religious based statements are claims, not facts.

If I did not believe my beliefs to be true I would not be following it,but would be rejecting the very idea of the faith I follow.
    It does not matter if YOU believe whatever you believe. Here on this board it is relevant that whatever you state can be supported. Otherwise it are claims, not facts.

I am just stating my thoughts here and not to make you want to debate my claims of belief.
    You can state your thoughts, but as these are related to religious claims, I can ask you to provide objective supporting evidence for your claims.

I am not one to debate,as you must have already heard.:D
    That is a cowardess attitude. You make claims, but as soon as you are asked to prove what you claim, you shy away and state that you are not here to debate. If you are not here to debate, why don't you stay at the Christianity Board, where you are covered by board restrictions? Here on this board the rules are different. And you know that very well !

;)
    Ultra Member

Jun 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
    You can do that on the christianity board. why don't you stay at the Christianity Board, where you are covered by board restrictions? Here on this board the rules are different. And you know that very well !

;)
    Sorry to say Crede,but if I were to say my thoughts and beliefs on the Christianity board I just might be chased away from there too.. :)
    I don't belong there either!
    -

Jun 9, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Sorry to say Crede,but if I were to say my thoughts and beliefs on the Christianity board I just might be chased away from there too..:) I dont belong there either!
    No problem firmbeliever... It's hard, but someone has to do it!! LOL

:D :p ;) :rolleyes: :D
    andy305mia Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 11:18 PM
    If you have gave your life to jesus christ then you go 2 heaven. And you will have an eternal life. And if you don't give it 2 christ then you will burn in hell eternaly.
    -

Jun 10, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by andy305mia
    If you have ...... burn in hell eternaly.
    Let me make this clear : that is of course what you BELIEVE!!

;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If death leads to a better place why extend life? [ 18 Answers ]

If your religion teaches you that when you die you go to a better place; why would you use technology to extend your life to make it longer? I understand that most religions teaches you that purposely ending your life is wrong but not that refusing treatment is wrong. So wouldn't you want to get to...

Life Estate vs Death Date House Inherited [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and her two sisters inherited their farther's house and no will was left. Their farther remarried after their mother died about 25 years ago. The farther died 12 years ago with no will. The sisters agreed to a life estate with the stepmother until she moved or died. She moved out of the...

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

Death and credit card death. [ 1 Answers ]

My father recently died leaving enough money to pay off most of his debts,but not all.I contacted those credit card companies that there no funds to pay and informed them of my father's death and that there were no assets to pay these debts.I soon received a letter (from american express) asking to...

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search