Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traciearl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Full list of exempt property
    Does anyone have the full and complete list of exempt property in regards to bank garnishment?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2008, 04:11 AM
    That varies from state to state. What state are you in?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 12, 2008, 05:48 AM
    The list of allowed exemptions is a state by state issue, there is no "ONE" list for all of the US, ****And this is even assuming you are from the US and not Canada, France, England or anywhere.

If you are in the US you can start by looking at the Bankruptcy Court web site over your district.
    traciearl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 12:09 AM
    I am in Nevada. On the webpage I found it listed several items that would be exempt and then it said that for a full list of exempt items contact an attorney. I wasn't sure if the list was something I could obtain first. Thanks
    LadyB Posts: 320, Reputation: 42

Mar 13, 2008, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by traciearl
    Does anyone have the full and complete list of exempt property in regards to bank garnishment?

>Moved from Forum Help<
    Here is the pertinent Nevada statute with a list of 24 exemptions NRS: CHAPTER 31 - ATTACHMENT, GARNISHMENT AND OTHER EXTRAORDINARY REMEDIES

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exempt and non-exempt salary [ 2 Answers ]

I know that non-exempt salary employees are paid for overtime. What is the federal legal requirement for an exempt employee. i.e. management?

Which is better settle in full or paid in full [ 20 Answers ]

I had a discover card opened when I was a young adult with my father(about eight years ago). As of a 18 months ago he stop paying on it even though the charges were made by him. Now I'm trying to take a step towards business ventures and this and some other things are on my credit are present. I...

Full time student with Full time housewife [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope someone can help. I am going to professional school. My wife and I have three children and are living completely off student loans. We had no income in 2006 that had a W2 attached to it. That is, the only income we made was off eBay and odd end jobs throughout the year. Do I need...

View more questions Search