Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Apr 5, 2010, 09:23 PM

Two things... maybe three. Let's see how this goes.

1. Listen to Fr. Chuck. I've read his posts and can say the guy is right on most of the time.

2. Your guy is an alcoholic. Trust me, I know.

3. I am a "high functioning" alcoholic as I call it. I drive sober, drink only at home when the wife has the kids in bed. I am smart, caring, faithful, and an all around decent person. But.. I have a drinking problem.

My suggestion is to privately contact your faith leader (priest, rabbi, etc) and ask for some guidance. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Alcoholic friend [ 9 Answers ]

I have a friend, actually a former foster sister, who I think is an alcoholic... of course I can't make that judgement, only she can decide that for herself, but for the purposes of this thread I'll say she's one, or at least that she has a drinking problem. She lives quite close to us (like a...

Alcoholic [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has a drinking problem, we have been involved for almost 9 months in the beginning of this year... he quit alcohol for 2 months becoz he wanted to ask me out... I then agreed to go out with him... about 2 months into our relationship he started drinking again but not heavy... about a...

Recovering Alcoholic [ 3 Answers ]

I am a recoveing alcoholic, been sober for a little over a year. My 13 year old daughter has lived with my xhusband and stepmother for almost 7 years. My daughter has a great life now. She is a honor roll student, cheerleader, very well liked by teachers and her friends parents. She is a child...

Alcoholic... Psycotic... boyfriend [ 17 Answers ]

Hello I began dating a alcoholic back in August then in September he left for rehab and got help. Then a short month later he was back to the bottle again and some drugs off and on. Just recently in December he was arrested for his 5th DWI after stealing a family members car and being pulled...

My Boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

:p Ok my boyfriend and I have been going out for almost two years. I love his family and his family loves me. Everything is good except he never wants to talk on the phone anymore and he never wants to do anything :mad: . Sometimes he treats my like crap like when I call him he answers the phone...

View more questions Search