Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pantherchick4u2c Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Pregnant? How long does the depo shot take to leave the system?
    OK I have been on the depo shot since march of 07 and I missed my shot on the 8th of jan 08 I had sex on the 11, 17 and 21 of feb. I was wondering how long it takes for the depo. Shot to leave your system and if I could be pregnant.
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 11, 2008, 05:29 PM
    You could be pregnant that's why your serposed to have your shot on the 8th to refill the hormone that stops you from getting pregnant
    It can take from 3 months after your last shot to 18 months to get pregnant
    And yes your periods will be irregular for agood while but id check with a HPT anyway but go to your doctors or family planning clinic and get ablood test done just to make sure
    Was you planning to miss your shot and get pregnant? If not you should go and get the depo again and use acondom
    Cherryhill_25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2011, 05:14 PM
    I want to get pregnant... I missed my shot on dec.29 of 2010 and I have been on it about3 to 4 yrs and I really want to have a baby again!! I will never get that shot ever again in my life... I just wanted to ask how do I have to wait to see some blood
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2011, 08:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryhill_25 View Post
    i want to get pregnat............ i missed my shot on dec.29 of 2010 and i have been on it about3 to 4 yrs and i really want to have a baby again!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will never get that shot ever again in my life.............. i just wanted to ask how do i have to wait to see some blood
    It can vary quite a bit from person to person. You may start regular cycles in a few months times, it may be over a year. Unfortunately depo is not usually the best choice for someone who wants to have a baby fairly soon after stopping its use.
    mariahnikole Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 05:07 AM
    I been on deposited for a year now from oct 09" to oct 10" I have had a period in nov and dec ,jan to but no period in feb or mar of 2011 it is now 6 months later after my last shot(april 11) in I had my period how much longer will I have to wait to get pregnant
    mariahnikole Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2011, 05:10 AM
    I been on deposited for a year now from oct 09" to oct 10" I have had a period in nov and dec ,jan to but no period in feb or mar of 2011 it is now 6 months later after my last shot(april 11) in I had my period how much longer will I have to wait to get pregnant
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2011, 08:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mariahnikole View Post
    I been on deposited for a year now from oct 09" to oct 10" I have had a period in nov and dec ,jan to but no preiod in feb or mar of 2011 it is now 6 months later after my last shot(april 11) in I had my period how much longer will I have to wait to get pregnat

There is no way to know. Your periods could become regular again next month, or not for another several months. Depo is not the best birth control choice for someone planning to get pregnant soon after the last shot. For someone women it can take a year or more.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo Shot [ 18 Answers ]

I just started the depo shot about 5 days ago... so far all I have heard about it is horror stories... I am glad to report that so far I haven't had any side affects... only a little more sensitive... but then again it hasn't even been a week yet... I kind of just got on it with out asking any...

Long period after getting the depo shot [ 2 Answers ]

I got the depo shot thre weeks ago and I've been on my period every since is that normal and will I ever off?

How is too long to take the Depo Shot? [ 8 Answers ]

I have been taking the Depo shot for nearly six years and am wondering if this is too long. My gyno is going to check it out, but I wanted to know before April 2007. If anyone knows, I would appreciate you letting me know. Thanks in advance! I have read some horror stories that really scare me. I...

How Long Will It Take For My Period To Come Along Now That I'm Off The Depo Shot? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi My Name is Ashley, I am 18years old. I was on the shot for almost 1 year and I had a doctors appointment for my next injection and I never went to the doctor to get it because I was sick and in a lot of pain when I was on so I decided to not go back for it. And I have talked to my friend who...

How long will it take for the depo shot to get out of my system? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like for someone to be able to answer this question for me. Can anyone tell me how long it will take the depoprovera shot to get out of my system? I had a baby in January of 2006 and started taking the shot in February 2006, I stopped taking the shot in February 2007 so I only took the...

View more questions Search