Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zayra nolasco1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 04:01 PM
    Age limit
    I have an older brother and my mom that aren't legal my question was how old do I have to be to start getting them started to get their papers and be legal
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:11 PM
    They have to do that, a brother or son can't just say please let my family become residents, they have to apply for these things.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Actually you can sponsor your family if you are a citizen in Canada or the US for permanent residence.

You have to be 18 and a citizen, not just a permanent resident (green card holder)
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2008, 09:21 PM
    Just sponsoring someone does not get them citizenship.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2008, 01:29 PM
    It gets them permanent residence (or a green card, whichever term you use) anyone with a green card can apply for citizenship after living in the US for a few years.

There is no way to apply for citizenship directly in any country... you have to live there (legally) first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Age limit [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm 16 years old and I really like this guy that just turned 18 now I just turned 16 and we've liked each other for over a year now and I try to talk to my mom about meeting him and letting me hang out with him and maybe even being his girlfriend witch I would love to be because we've liked each...

Car ownership law , age limit ? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is about the age limit if any, one can own a car . I live Georgia , so I would need to know if there is a age someone would need to be to own a car? My husband has kids and the eldest is 16 . Just got his drivers license. He bought a truck for him and now that son is legal driving age...

Age limit [ 3 Answers ]

In NYS what is the age limit on child suport?

"Dark Age" or "Golden Age" of Human Existence? [ 3 Answers ]

History shows us over and over that all great civilizations eventually come to an end. It stands then that our Civilization (as we know it) will come to an end sometime as well. Do you think the world is slipping into a "Dark Age", or are we about to emerge into a "Golden Age" ? We seem to...

Going up on Limit? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a couple questions about my furnace and more specifically my Fan & Limit control. Riello 40 Oil Furnace Honeywell L4064 Fan & Limit Control Recently, at the time of the annual furnace inspection and cleaning, the technician who came to look at the furnace said that my furnace...

View more questions Search