Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cloe41home Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Dell laptop computer
    I bought a computer, can not make it work because I don't know the primary or administrative password, dell laptop dell latitude 600 series. What can I do to use the computer?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2008, 05:41 PM
    You might try this:
    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor

You create a boot CD and change the password without needing to know it first.

Good Luck,
    WallyH
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 11, 2008, 05:48 PM
    You are lucky Dell has some of the best customer service for any computer on the market, you can call them up and they will check on the system and can help you walk though it.

Now if you bought it used, you will want to take it back to where you bought it, and have them give you the password.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    you are lucky Dell has some of the best customer service for any computer on the market, .
    I have to disagree with you here. At one time Dell did have top service. But over the last few years their support has gone way downhill. This is evidenced by the slip in their market share. Surveys of complaints show more complaints against Dell then any other brand by a wide margin.

As for the laptop, are we referring to the Windows password or a power on password?
    northstar50 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2008, 12:36 PM
    I could agree more about dell lousy service now... everything they ask for is the money, if you pay, they may help you out... otherwise you have to buy a new laptop
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2008, 12:38 PM
    Just bought a new Dell laptop - loving it. My desktop is a Dell. All good service for this guy.

BTW new laptops do not come with any passwords.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dell Laptop Computer [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Dell Laptop Computer and some how I locked the keyboard, it won't work, none of the keys.. how do I unlock it?? Even though the internal mouse works.. just not the keys.Right now I'm on a different computer, if your wondering.. Please help me

I want to wipe out my Dell laptop [ 1 Answers ]

For numerous reasons. Its so slow anymore I can't multitask. Ive tried everything I can think of to speed it up. I don't have much on it to reinstall except my USB Network adaptor. How hard is this and what CDs do I need to set it back up again?

I cannot read CD in my Dell Laptop [ 8 Answers ]

I could not open CD in my Dell Laptop. It gives the following error message. ------ Severe ------- Self-Registration Error: C:/Windows/System32/MacroMed/Flash/Flash.ocx When I looked into C:/Windows/System32/MacroMed/Flash. It has, besides Flash.ocx, Flash8.ocx Flash8b.ocx Flash9.ocx

Dell laptop [ 12 Answers ]

How to hook up wireless to internet

Dell laptop [ 6 Answers ]

Tried Several Things Need Help Trying To Connect Laptop To Landline Using Free Netzero I Have A Network And Modem Card All In One I Can Get It To Dial And When It Says You Are Loged On And It Verifies Password Then It Disconnects And Starts Redialing The Next Number...

View more questions Search