Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taxcurious Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
    Do non-employees pay taxes
    I worked as a nanny for six months. Now I got my tax papers and it seems that I got to pay back around $1300 in taxes. How is this possible, can someone explain to me what non-employee status mean and if my former employer was supposed to pay any of the taxes...

I appreciate any help,

Thanks
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 11, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Did you get a 1099? If so you were considered an independent contractor and are responsible for your own taxes.

However, I would check with the IRS. I'm not sure the people you worked for are allowed to consider you as an independent contractor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where to pay taxes [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am a citizen from Switzerland and living since December 2007 in Milwaukee, WI. I work for an American company but get paid from the headquarter in Switzerland. My work visa is a E1. Where do I have to pay taxes. In Switzerland or in USA? Thanks in advance Pat

Need to calcalte federal and state taxes for employees [ 2 Answers ]

Good morning I need some help I need to calcalte fedural and state taxes for payroll could you please tell me the number to times to get this answer. Thanks so much:)

Cutting salary employees pay [ 6 Answers ]

Can an employeer cut a salary employees pay and move them to an hourly position because of being absent with out any kind of warning first?

Do I need to pay NJ taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I live and work in New Jersey. But my company is incorporated in Delaware and hence they withhold DE state tax and that is the only state tax withheld on my W2. I know I have to file DE non resident return but do I have to file a NJ return if there I have no NJ income? Please reply.

View more questions Search