Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryker construction Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
    What is the maximum span of a peir in a floor system
    What is the maximum span of a peir in a floor system
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 11, 2008, 12:04 PM
    A pier is a vertical support member so it really doesn't have a "span" like you are referring to. If you neant what is the span of a horizontal floor framing member (beam or joist) it would depend on the size and type of member. Give us a little more info.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Mar 11, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Like amricca says tell us what is setting on the peir, that will determine where the next peir should set

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring for outlets and in-floor heating system [ 4 Answers ]

I have an existing 15 Amp circuit running to 3-4 outlet boxes and a single overhead light (120 Watt bulb). I want to wire off one of the boxes to move it to a different location and power a new single outlet and an in-floor radiant heating system. - I pulled the exiting wire (circa 1975 or...

No Heat on Top Floor with Boiler System-why? [ 5 Answers ]

Good Morning, I have a newer boiler system-1998 in a 2 story house, (but it still has an old style expansion tank). I have 15lbs pressure reading on the gauge, but I do not have any heat in 2 radiators on the top floor. I have tried to bleed, but little or no air is coming out of the...

Span length for reinforcing floor joists [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am remodeling a recently bought home. One of the upstairs rooms is a game room and I plan on putting a pool table in it. The original floor joists were 2x6 16" OC - I glued and nailed another joist on to existing joist - so now it is 4x6 14" OC. If I would add another joist in...

Pumping system for heated floor [ 3 Answers ]

I have a concrete heated floor in my garage ,I used a 3/4 pex hose to heat my slab with hot water, what is the best way to circulated hot water in the hose ,starting with a heated tank like for the home use,going in the hose and circulated without stopping, I d'ont khnow if my question clear's...

View more questions Search