Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TamaraNewcombe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 10:29 AM
    2 criteria to count and can't run queries
    I am on a Corporate networked computer and it won't allow queries or macros. I need to count values in one column only if they match with values in another column. Is there no formula (i.e. countif) that can do this for me?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Mar 14, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Hard to understand the question. Are you talking about value in A1 must match A2 to be counted, then B1 must match B2 to be counted, etc? Always a separate instance of matches?
    A1 = A5
    B1 = B5
    C1 = C5

Or, are you allowing multiple matchings in one column to the same cell in another column?
    A1 = A5
    B1 = A5
    C1 = A5

Lastly, how deep does this list go? How many matches are you possibly counting here? What are you doing with the matched data? Are you applying a new formula to each instance of matches to do more work or are you just looking for a total count of matches?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would a walk-off grand slam count as 1 run? [ 13 Answers ]

A few years ago I was watching a baseball game that went into extra innings with the score tied 3-3, when in the bottom of the 15th inning one of the home team players hit a home run with the bases loaded. It was the first walk-off grand slam in Major League baseball post-season history. But the...

Access Queries [ 1 Answers ]

Am new and very happy to be in this forum. I have an access database which comprises of many tables. My problem is I am tryng to develop a query possibly in design view which needs to use this condition if storagedays>7 then storagedays=storagedays-7. unfortunately I haven't done it before.....

Economics queries [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I need some information on (1) Comparative Advantage - Keynesian Economics (2) Effects and reasons for tariffs (3) under vs over valuation of currency and its consequences on the domestic economy

View more questions Search